Out of control 2021

so sorry to hear about your critters, i hate critters!

1 Like

I feel ya…
My other critters are eating the aphids etc…bug eat bug world out and in there.

3 Likes

I love critters…The Good The Bad and The Ugly

2 Likes

@Fergus @monkman all a part of the game. I’m actually excited to try the dual angle lighting. If I can keep the aphids at bay I might get a monster yield!

4 Likes

@Skydiver It is a bug eat bug world.

I’ve tried lacewing larvae with lackluster results previously.

What’s your most competent beneficial?

2 Likes

Well these are the most recent purchases
Amblyseius swirskii - 25,000 in 1 Liter Tube|1|$68.00
Minute Pirate Bug - 500 count|1|$53.00

Prior to these I used this
Neoseiulus (= Amblyseius) fallacis - 1,000 count $39.95

Both during this current round along with a round of lady bugs.

Just depends on my environment I will be putting those meat mites into. Also mixing it up but as far as I can tell the Swirskii did the job but again I also added the minute pirate bugs at the same time.

2 Likes

I concur. I have had folks tell me they have had lackluster results going “natural”. The big issue is if you aren’t in a totally contained environment, then the critters go where the food is. if you don’t have a massive invasion of food, they just move on without “cleaning their plate”. Worse yet, or i guess just as bad, they just starve.
i toyed with nematodes in the past, but find much better results with mosquito bits

1 Like

@JackAndSan I just flipped so I’ll use natural based insecticides for a few more weeks then switch to beneficial and manual removal for the mid flowering to finishing stage.

This is my second time like this. I get one good run and then the second one I get aphids. We have a large backyard garden so it’s inevitable as I work out there and inside.

I’ll shut down after this run for 2-4 weeks and start the cycle over again.

2 Likes

Indoor text about 1-2 weeks from harvest:

5 Likes

Outdoor box of Durban poison x Skunk #1:

Outdoor volunteers, these spring up out of nowhere. 2 are presumably Skunk #18 x Corpse Flower, the third is anyone’s guess.

6 Likes

Probably going to clone all the “volunteers” then cull the mothers. I want small plants this year.

Testing out cloning outdoors where as in the past I take cuttings, move inside, and root in humidity domes with fluorescents.

This year I’m trying all outdoors, no humidity dome. Hoping to do bigger clones that never miss out on the outdoor light schedule.

4 Likes

Damn it sucks it only lets me hit the heart button once!

3 Likes

great looking buds bud!

2 Likes

Thanks @BobbyDigital abd @monkman .

Here’s a dark outdoor Flo pheno I took down this weekend.

6 Likes

okay, i can only relate to that because i’m drunk on teq lol, nice bud!, it is sideways, right? lol

1 Like

What? Put down the bottle @monkman !

Jk, I have to take photos in landscape mode/sideways for them to be upright on this forum. Forgot to take both orientation photos.

2 Likes

fck em, if they can’t relate they ain’t payin attention lol j/k bud, i am like what ever her name was and “just want to have fun”, still at my age, and i’m proud of it… sry lol

1 Like

Way too far behind on everyone’s threads, sorry.

Found some stand ins for the plants I culled that were infested with aphids.

1 clone of GMOxGG4
3 clones of Ice Cake
2 clones of Biggie OG

6 Likes

The flowering side, 6 different East Coast Sour Diesel x Corpse Flower phenos:

6 Likes

New recruits after training:

6 Likes