Out of control 2020

@LoCoRock tough break man but I admire the keep-on-trucking frame of mind✌🏼

@AAA well dayam you been busy last few days - you already know what I’m thinking about the cats ruining your sh*t… :sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Congrats on a largely successful outdoor run my friend

4 Likes

Love your pup with the color eye patch :dog:

4 Likes

@Green707Thumb :heart:

6 Likes

Damn @Big123. Do you have a journal going? I’ve been wondering if you were growing outside!

4 Likes

Thanks @AAA

Right here:
California Outdoor Organic Backyard Grow

3 Likes

Damn, I never got your tag!

I need to catch up!

3 Likes

Beautiful picture

2 Likes

I can’t like this post at all. That sucks

3 Likes

But beautiful harvest just the same!

3 Likes

Excellent harvest, nice to have back ups to the back ups! :wink: congrats

2 Likes

It was a tough go today.

I threw/ away more buds than I saved, but it’s all good. I’ve got a bunch of weed and some late season plants.

I received this lesson last year, but apparently didn’t learn the lesson.

I stared my plants in March. I had to severely cut them back twice to keep them a manageable height. Then had to supercrop the branches when they had no place to go creating a dense canopy of intertwined buds.

Next year I will:

A) start in March but take clones in late June/early July and grow the clones.

B) start seeds in June.

I believe there are 2 benefits to this.

1- younger healthier plants that can fight off disease.

2- I believe that a shorter vegetation cycle outdoors makes the plants finish earlier as there is less vegetative hormones that need to switch into flowering mode.

Hope this helps others!

Now I need to get these buds dried, trimmed, and cured!

12 Likes

@AAA i started mine in early April this year, I have the new moon :crescent_moon: on 5/11/21 in mind for my next all outdoor photo grow :heart:

I have started seeds in June before and they can still get some size.

3 Likes

No exaggeration, these plants would have been 10-15’ tall if I let them go, but I was in the ground. Thats why I think June/July would be better for size purposes.

4 Likes

Wow, you can build quite the bon fire with your trunks

2 Likes

Just wait till next year!!! Yup sounds like what I tell myself… We’ll get them next year Jr. LoL

5 Likes

Fwiw I agree that a shorter veg time will decrease the headaches overall down the stretch - then again I’m not putting them straight into the ground lol!

I’m gonna churn out some indoor and pick my fave phenos to train and put outside early June next year to get another 3-4 weeks worth of veg vs this year, still managed a 1lb - 2lb plant :partying_face::v:t3:

6 Likes

@Green707Thumb I’m also starting to think plants bred outdoors, preferably in the same climate they will be grown, are superior to plants bred indoors.

5 Likes

@Big123 is that when seeds get germinated or go into soil?

2 Likes

I had mine outside by end of May and they went directly to flower… LoL friggen idiot. 21’ I’m putting them out 1st week July after 1 month indoors. That’s what I say now!

6 Likes

You have my congrats and my condolences for the same post @aaa. Big bummer on your loss but also nice harvest :cowboy_hat_face::ok_hand::+1:

5 Likes