Organic soil grows with shindig153

I’m sure they’ll be fine. They lost out on about 6 hours if the light never turned on. Just checked. All is looking good.

5 Likes

I’m glad My Brother! :pray: my stomach sunk when I read that! May the Grow Gods continue to smile upon your grow! It’s always amazing to see your beautiful girls!! :sunglasses::v::metal:

5 Likes

Sugar Black Rose?

3 Likes

Yes sugar black rose or black sugar rose. It’s good enough to sport the name either way.

7 Likes

So what happens in that scenario the lights go out when they ment to be on.?
@shindig153 @Dman1969

3 Likes

Nice i just received a few of them, haven’t started them

2 Likes

In flower it can cause the plants to hermi. :v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Not much really if you catch it. Seems like as soon as I let my guard down something happens. The grow zone gremlins know when you’re not pay close enough attention and then strike. Bastards!

6 Likes

You’re going to enjoy Sugar Black Rose. I’ll keep this growing at all times. In my experience sbr can be a real pain to clone.

6 Likes

Ok Wow thanks, i love to Clone of course so i look forward to that challenge. In a tropical zone so that may help with cloning

2 Likes

Thats for real @shindig153
I really got caught out in week 8 of flowering when a wet damp low pressure system came in that I thought was gunna be a light rain then back to fine weather as usual at work for most of the time.
Well the weather just hung around for 4 days no sun damp autumn weather with a little rain each day.
My worst nightmare rot started setting in.
When I got back from work it was panic and mayhem.
I moved the worst 3 under cover.
Been sunny ever since thank goodness the others seem ok.
Still cutting bits of the rotten stuff out of white widow. She seemed the worst hit.
That caught me out very disappointing bloody grow zone gremlins.
I wasn’t paying enough attention lesson learned the hard way

2 Likes

Bud rot has changed my approach to what I’m growing outdoor. I have a short flower time line here in Vermont. I’m growing varieties this summer that are indica dominate with short to average flowering times that are also mold resistant. I want to have everything harvested before October 1. Seems about that time of the year it gets extra damp, rainy and cold. Perfect mold/bud rot conditions.

I had one seed left of blue dream so decided to give her a try. That’s the only sativa dominate I have going for outdoor. Purple haze fits well here because she has a short flowering time compared to most sativas but is prone to mold.

8 Likes

Its funny, Im going totally different direction. The thick dense buds on Indica seem to be more prone to bud rot so I am trying Sativa leaning varieties, but I do not have a time concern as our fall weather is pretty mellow and not too humid.

7 Likes

Its interesting you say that @shindig153.
I’ve taken note.
Of which ones have shown to be more prone to the end of season climate change.
Train wreck top of the chart not a spot of rot.
Same for Bergman gold leaf not a spot of rot.
Very little on green crack
Very little on gorilla glue.
Super silver haze has a little.
Grand daddy purple got it a bit.
White widow got hammered
As did purple haze.
Its interesting as white widow shows through the macro lens as near to ready cloudy and amber trichromes
Purple haze on the other hand not even cloudy yet.
But my purple haze could be a purple kush.
Why do I say this.
When the seeds arrived the label read prz.
Some one on here thought that was kush not haze but I ordered haze.
Is kush a later maturing strain and susceptible to rot too.
Super silver haze is also ready for the chop if need be. I say that as we got another 3 days of wet weather coming after tomorrow so I either chop it how it is cloudy with some amber or put it under cover get a better amber happening.
I’m far removed what plant is indica and what plant is satvia. Working too many hours to research that at the moment and keep up with 14 plants outside.
Plus all that it takes to keep the place running.
I’m fortunate that I can check in here while at work.
Cheers shindig

5 Likes

In my experience with Purple Kush she didn’t get mold and flowered a few weeks longer than the rest. She ended up being almost 9 ft tall. I was surprised it got so big. She could have used longer to finish up but got the chop because it was starting to get burned with frost.
White widow is another one that always had mold issue for me outdoor. I gave up trying to save her and chopped a little early because I was losing bud every day.

Thanks for sharing your experience with good and bad mold ratings.

6 Likes

I’d be growing mostly outside if I were able to grow outdoor as long as you do.

5 Likes

Time for the weekly update.

Flower tent first. All plants are coming along pretty good. Heavy wartering day. All pots took a combined 10 gallons of water. I installed the air filter this week. I kept is as simple as possible.

Crystal received a good clean out. She seems much happier now. Cal/mag has helped her get a better color of green. I added more in this mornings watering.

Next up is Bubblegum. She’s a short but dense.

Laughing buddha is fattening up. She’s doing great.

Red dragon is doing well. Nice deep green color. She receive a heavy cleanup and is now plugging along. She’s the only one I saw WPM on this week.

Lastly is Sugar Black :rose:. She’s such a fast flower. She makes the other plants look behind schedule when in reality they are doing great. She has continued to turn pale green. She received a cal/mag treatment so hoping to see her green up a little. She has roughly three to four weeks until harvest.

Still treating for white powdery mildew. Not seeing much of it now but will continue to treat for it. The green cleaner does a pretty good job at keep it a bay.

11 Likes

Next up is the veg tent.

All are coming along.

Soviet Skittle clones are doing good.

Wedding cake as well.

Sugar black :rose: are finally show signs of life.

The weather is looking favorable to transplant early this outdoor season.

7 Likes

Just a quick look at the fish tank clone.

To my surprise she’s growing. I had to loosen up the top of the plant to get the leaves to open. Broke one side off in the process. I’ll continue to let her grow and eventually bring her to harvest. I believe it to be a crystal clipping.

11 Likes

I hope she pulls through!

6 Likes