Organic soil grows with shindig153

Thank you. That is the last of round one of the winter grow.

Coping well. We’re well practiced meeting Miley’s needs. She feeling better daily but is still up 10 plus times a night. Going to bed early on my night off helps a lot. I’ve been enjoy my latest harvest. Helps keep the attitude in check.

@Blackmoon the Gorilla Glue definstely smells strong of coffee and cheese. I didn’t get the chocolate or the other two being so strong hides it a little.

8 Likes

Congrats on your harvests! Beautiful job man :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Glad miley’s on the mend steadily.
Must have been a full on operation for sure.
Are yes the gorilla aroma its amazing. From the evening woft as it enters the harvest window.
To stepping into the drying room to opening up the storage jars as they cure to months later pulling out a bud for a special occasion that aroma continues and changes as time goes by.
Yes yes the cheesy good point.
My first and best grow of known strain weed.
Thanks for the update @shindig153

3 Likes

I love to smell my curing jars. I probably look like a wine connoisseur smellng a fine glass of wine. Instead of the sip I smoke to experience the after taste.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’m definately enjoying the results.

Hope all is going good in your world. How’s the back feeling?

4 Likes

Update

Sour D is looking great and starting to fatten up. Had a few lower leaves starting the turn yellow, which is something I ran into last time around with all my plants except Purple punch. My conclusion is pp being in a 20 gallon bag had more root space. In the 10 gallon bag my plants are getting root bound and throwing off the ph. My solution is top dressing lime and gypsum to help keep the ph in check. A couple days later and the yellowing seems to have stopped.

Next is Sugar Black rose. She’s doing pretty good. I decided not to top dress before the move based in the reaction the Soviet Skittle had. I’m also learning that the digested manure in a much heavier medium to test for water. They were both very thirsty. Sbr was spread out and trimmed a little. I took a cutting to keep this strain going because my wife loves it.

Soviet Skittle has had a rough transition to flower. She was most affected by under watering which because of the weight I thought was over watered. I did a light top dress before flipping her. Seems is might be a little too much. Getting her good and watered has helped her bounce back. She is still not looking as healthy as before.

I’m still dealing with thrips on all three plant. Sour d not so bad and Soviet Skittles being most affected. I’m taking a hands on approach because I don’t want to use any kind of pesitcide. They are visible but I have to take my glasses off to see them clearly. My bifocals don’t help much. I can see them on top of the leaves and turning the leaves over. I killed quite a few and have only killed a few more a couple of days later. I’ll inspect daily for the time being.

8 Likes

Veg tent

Red dragon

Bubblegum

Amnesia Haze which is going in the flower tent upon transplant to enjoy a life on a 12 12 light schedule.

Crystal

8 Likes

Nice going on these girls brother …Got a great assortment of flavors going there :yum: High Times @shindig153 …and of course always hoping for the best for Miley , glad there is progress ! :v:

2 Likes

I said this yesterday!!! only i can’t taste the nuances in wine, so it’s totally wasted on me. i stick my faces in the jars daily for a little aromatherapy. my peyote wifi is intoxicating from the smell alone. that’s my huffing jar at the moment.

5 Likes

Red dragon that sounds cool.
You got a great grow going on.
I Enjoy your updates.
Cheers

1 Like

:laughing::sweat_smile::rofl: It’s good to know I’m not the only one that has a perfered huffing jar. Right now mine is purple punch.

5 Likes

oh good! i’m about to drop that one. it’s something about these purps!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the nice bud harvest. And the new little ones

:grin: Mine is white widow currently :nose:.

That’s great to know, I have one in veg right nowl

Enjoy the huffing and puffing tonight :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

ooh i’m excited to see your p.wifi! mine are so spindly and put out just a few grams but they’re the most beautiful grams of weed i’ve ever seen. i’m hoping i just have a bad pheno but i don’t have any more seeds to test another. i convinced Big to grow one outside next season… can’t wait.

what’s your ww smell like? they’re the second most beautiful plants i’ve grown but two smelled like lilac black pepper and the other straight up cheese.

2 Likes

Back is hanging in there man thanks for asking! Go in for the block Wednesday at 7. Had to get a Covid test Friday before the procedure. Hopefully it goes well, we’re leaving for 2 weeks on the 19th for Christmas at the cabin. After the 1st of Jan its back to the grow!!! Hope you and yours are well brother!

3 Likes

If you’ve ever tried Gold Leaf, WW reminds me of GL. My WW smelled very earthy, peppery when growing but a fruitiness has really came out with the cure. It didn’t have the cheese smell or flavour. I really can’t help but think WW and GL are closely related. They look smell taste grow and buzz very similar. I only had 1 ww seed, I plan to get more.

Mine is squat and bushy. I want her up to the scrog net but she is not cooperating with me on height. My P. forum in the same tent is spindly.

Oh hell ya, I can’t wait to watch big grow one. Ya know, I’d pay an admission fee just to hang out in that dude’s garden. His big outdoor grows are amazing.

My morning WW bud frosty and ready to get smoked… Oh ya, delicious, cheers :v::green_heart:

10 Likes

How long does the block last for? I’m assuming a nerve block.

I’m sure you’re looking forward to your next grow. Any thoughts on what?

Smoked some purple punch a few minutes ago. You’re right it is enjoyable. I’m in a nice relaxed state of being.

2 Likes

Nice shot of the frosty bud! Looks enjoyable. I do like white widow.

I bet in big’s garden smells wonderful. I had the opportunity to be in a huge garden over the summer. Several gelato’s 8 feet tall and a bush of purple punch that three people would have a hard time touching fingers. I was in awe. He was looking for advice about how to keep the big girls in check. He didn’t need help growing them that’s for sure. He was kind enough to gift me a few clones. I checked in with him a while back and said he harvested 74 ounces.

6 Likes

You are correct it’s a nerve block. Supposed to last 6 months but that’s at best I believe. It’s changed the way I work to an extent but hasn’t slowed me down :wink: Gonna drop some Shiskaberry on the next run I finally got my hands on it and I’ve been dying to try some. Purple Punch is one of those strains that just works well for me. Glad your enjoying it brother :wink:

6 Likes

Hopefully the block works well for you. Kind of sounds like getting older. I can still pump out serious work but have to do it in a more efficient manner. The bull and jam days should be a thing of the past for me but I’m stubborn. My body doesn’t appreciate me afterwards.

Shiskaberry is on my list. When I ordered from TN it was out of stock. Based on how much @Oldguy likes it makes me want it even more.

6 Likes