Organic soil grows with shindig153

I’ve been playing the catch up game as well. Miss a couple days and I’m 100 plus posts behind on quite a few journals.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. Hope you’re having a great evening.

4 Likes

I know right!! I’m watching too many journals!! But I love :heart: them all!! I hope you have a great night! :pray::v::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

It’s hard telling what the gorilla glue smells like in the tent with the other flowers. I’ll get a better idea of the smell when I break down the plant in a couple days. I’ll be hoping for coffee and chocolate.

My son told me my tent smells like dog poop. I could see why he’s saying that. I think it is the combination of smells from the three plants. Or one of them will be extra stinky in a dog poop kind of way.

5 Likes

Haha

Congrats
Hang em High!

7 Likes

@Skydiver Outta likes Brother but You got me rollin over here!! :sweat_smile::joy::rofl::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl: I love that movie!! Labrador is the :poop: :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

That’s funny!:rofl::rofl::joy:

Thanks for the laugh.

4 Likes

Hot damn, I caught up finally!

I hope Miley is doing well, I didn’t see if she had her procedure yet, thoughts go out to you and your family! Oh, and glad your son is safe, that’s scary.

What was your main reason to use the mats? Bugs?

6 Likes

Thanks for all the love.

Yes close call and reiterate check for my son. Just happy he was alright.

Miley had surgery about three weeks ago. She’s getting better every day. Not sleeping well at all so the Mrs and I are exhausted. The Mrs went back to work on Monday so my days revolve around meeting Miley’s needs.

I have a few reasons and bugs being one of them. I’m hoping it keeps the bad bugs at bay and encourages the good bugs to come to the surface more often. When I pull back the mat I see my worms a lot more often at the surface. My bad bugs seem to be less. The thrips are persistent suckers though. I’m also seeing plants roots at the surface as well.

7 Likes

Morning everyone.

I’m giving a quick update before my day with Miley begins.

I harvested LSD and Gelato. They are now two days into the drying process.

LSd

Gelato

I moved Sugar Black Rose into the flower tent yesterday with top dressing. The reason I didn’t top dress id because I’m seeing some issues with Soviet Skittles top dress. Seems she didn’t like it that much. I’m thinking the digested manure and chicken manure compost has plenty of nutrients that a top dress might not be necessary. I’m going to test it out with the SBR plant.

Soviet Skittles

SBR

Sour d clone is doing much better than the mom. I hit this one with a heavy top dress which it seems to really enjoy.

I have a bunch of journals to catch up on. Miley has me very busy and tired. Now that the Mrs is back to work I’ve picked up a lot of the house hold duties. Miley is also starting to participate in school virtually.

Take care everyone. Hope you all have a great day.

12 Likes

I’m glad to hear about Miley,

I’ve noticed if I leave a tray or some object over my outdoor beds that worms will be at the surface.

Curious to try the covering technique. I guess this eliminates cover crop, wonder if I could use something thicker to grow a cover crop through and just tear the longer roots when I need to remove the cover? Im spitballing here…

4 Likes

The hemp mat is for micro greens. It’s thick enough the block the light to the surface but thin enough that I’m sure the root systems of the cover crop would grow through the mat. The mat is biodegradable.

Right now I’m lifting the mat to top dress under it. I’m not sure how it would work for top dressing on top of the mat. I’m thinking that the finer top dress would go through the mat.

5 Likes

Need to introduce a new member to the veg tent.

Here’s Red Dragon. This is from Barney’s farm.

8 Likes

I hope Matt doesn’t get pissed but Matt is just mulch haha
Like in a worm bin with paper bag torn and placed as a top the worms eat that stuff.
I started using simple brown paper bags from bread or groceries or even from take out.

5 Likes

That’a way too simple. You need to purchase something with yout credit card and have it delivered in an oversized waste of space box for it to work. Silly @Skydiver

8 Likes

Haha dam you now I feel bad for not supporting the “system”

6 Likes

Really, you suck.

Sure, you “might” have “helped” the planet by reusing your refuse, but at what cost?

There is a group of investors who might not be able to order caviar with their champagne. Do you know how hard it is to drink champagne without caviar?

And what about the poor struggling oil industry that you robbed of money by not using the delivery system?

I could go on for days listing the destruction to our economy your actions have caused…

8 Likes

Here’s a look at LSd on botton gelato top cut and cleaned.

13 Likes

I’m outta likes but I don’t like that harvest really :heart:that harvest!! :+1::+1::+1::+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Beautiful buds my friend,
excellent harvest.
I hope your are coping with Mylie watch and getting enough rest :v:

3 Likes

They look like kababs on a stick hot off the bbq

1 Like