Old School all the Way: 1st Grow

Two months later: Afghan photos; I have two of them in the garden. They were directly in the ground for a while, but they were not happy. So I dug them out and put them in fabric pots at some point. They started showing signs of flowering about a week ago. I’m glad the tomatoes next to them finally got big enough to help hide them at least a bit!

3 Likes

2 months later they look great. Nice lookin afghan. I got one going as well. Mine just started flowering a week ago. Dont think those tomatoes are gonn keep up with the big buds.:v:

2 Likes

Update 9/2/22: The Afghan girls are still going strong (as are the tomatoes!):

3 Likes

Another update on the Afghan girls:

2 Likes

Thicky stickies!! Gonna be a good haul!!

1 Like

So the two Afghan girls have been harvested. They were in 5 gallon fabric pots in the garden trying to hide between the tomatoes. They went through everything Mother Nature dished out–heavy thunderstorms, sun, whatever. I kept an eye out for pests, but luckily had none. The last month I sprayed them pretty heavily once a week or so with hydrogen peroxide to try to avoid bud rot; we can get pretty hot after a heavy rain, and that seemed to work, too. Or maybe I was just really, really lucky. I chopped some off of the tall one a few weeks ago because I have neighbors and it was just getting too big. I just started to sample it the other night, and it’s way better than I had hoped for. The shorter one with the much fatter buds was chopped a few days ago, and the taller one this morning. Here is a pic or two of the shorter one a week or so before harvesting. And a pic of some of the shorter one hanging to dry. I’m really pleased with my first grow! And I have WAY more product than I could have imagined.

2 Likes

Beautiful buds on her!! Congrats on your harvest!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really pleased with my first efforts!