No nutrients yet in soil from seed 25 days

You shouldn’t have any problems.

Although technically this is a “soil-less” mix, and therefor it is technically growing in a form of “hydroponics”, you would use this much the way you would when growing a plant in a container with actual soil.

The technique would be called “Drain to Waste”, which is basically just watering the soil or media inside the container to saturation and letting some of the excess “runoff” poor out the bottom into the container’s “saucer”. And then, this extra at the bottom is thrown away as you don’t usually want a potted plant sitting with “its feet wet”.

Sometimes I’ve referred to this as “flood and drain”, as you flood the container’s soil to saturation and it drains out the bottom, but this should not be confused with and “flood and drain/ebb and flow” table, which is one of the more common forms of “hydroponics”. Others include “Deep water Culture”, “Nutrient Film Technique”, and/or “Aeroponics”. And, yes, these are more often what many think of as “hydroponics”.

And don’t worry, Latewood can help you growing in actual soil or growing in a mix like this, and as I said, either way, the watering and feeding is pretty much the same with soil or soil-less mix.

1 Like

There’s a lot to this Thanks for all the info.so I’m going to get the pro mix hp probably just run straight out of the bag. I know I will be back asking questions about nutrients and so forth. Thank you and have a nice weekend. Roger

So the promix can be used in my dwc setup as well? I already have hydroton,is one better than the other for dwc?

Nope.

Pro mix is soil-less, but still not the right type of media for DWC.

Hydroton, or other non-wicking media with lots of spaces for air is best in the DWC net pot.

Oh OK I see,hydroton it is then

Following these suggestions with interest, as I used Miracle Grow potting mix with timed release fertilizer. I’ve been lucky my plants are doing well. Next year, I will plant them in something else and monitor the nutes from the very beginning. Today is the first I have added fertilizer (18-18-21). I only used it at 1/2 strength though until I see how the girls react to it. It’s MC fertilizer for tomatoes.

Rog … your plants look GREAT!!

As always … Late and MacGyver are a wealth of information and I really appreciate the time they take to help us.
MT

I use the same thing MT1 and I don’t add nutrients till my ladies ask for it I just now did 1/2 strength grow booster that Robert sells here and they had water only for about 1 1/2 mounts now. But next time around I’m doing what Latewood has suggested in another thread.and use the Pro mix

Will

1 Like

Hey Stoner, I have the pro mix, what is the smallest pot I can get away with for growing og kush? I have a small space. Also wondering what nutes I should start thinking about after I transplant. Is it possible to grow with mostly just water? Sorry for so many questions.

Thank you !

Roger

Agreed I love this forum thanks to everyone Roger

You would not use Pro Mix for Hydroponics.

As described above it is a soil-less mix. This what Nurseries use to build strong root zones in the plants they sell to the public. This medium could be used in a 30 gallon smart pot to grow a tree.

Fortunately for MMJ growers; I have found this to work great as a medium in pots, using hydroponics style nutrient programs. I have had several successful trial grows using ProMix BX.

Just to clarify; I have grown start to finish with ProMix BX as a medium and I had a happy grow :slight_smile:

Again; If you want more of a soil grow; Get some sterile dirt, and mix it 50/50 with ProMix

Someone asked if this worked with perlite. Yes. I add perlite to ProMix. If you want a soil type grow, using hydroponic style nutrient schedules, this is a perfect medium. You water as needed similar to soil…possibly a bit sooner. I got a couple ounces per plant in 2 gallon smart pots, using only ProMix BX, with Liquid karma, Pure Blend Pro in Veg; CNS 17 for Bloom and Ripe

CNS is a Coco Coir Nute from Botanicare.

Thanks Latewood, any possibility you could provide links for the pots and nutes you mention? Love the idea of smaller pots for my space. I could only easily find the HP. Have a nice remainder of your weekend. Roger

I found the smart pots I could use help with some links for the nutrients. Thanks everybody Roger

Amazon has all of them

Thanks I didn’t see the pure blend pro, but thank you. Roger

I looked for you and it’s there,I just typed in pure blend pro,also if you have a local hydro store they should have all of it in stock, hope this helps some man

Yup…I was there also. Going to buy the BX

Will

So I definitely see why latewood wants to steer us away from miracle grow.I didn’t transplant into pro mix yesterday but decided to give one more watering before i did,gave my plants just water with a ph of 6.3 and a tds of 050 (that’s what tds my tap water is),caught the runoff and tested,it came out 7.4 ph and a tds of 850