No luck w/indoor DWC considering switching to organic soil

I got an apera ph20 off amazon for 47$. Totally worth it. I bought the vivosun ph and tds readers for the ppm meter only. The PH meter from vivosun said my PH was 8.2 the apera said my ph was 7.3. It costs more money but if it’s accurate it’s worth it imo. You can lose a lot more time and money than 50$ from things going wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, I ordered one with a 20 pack of calibration powder

Good news bad news, 1st the good: My last white widow seed is doing well. Also I bought the Apera pH20 $49 kit and am pleasantly surprised. I calibrated the Apera and the “other” cheapie tester and couldn’t even calibrate the cheapie, purchase price was promptly refunded. The grow is now at a steady 5.9-6.0pH which is right in the middle of the 5.8-6.2 recommended range. The bad: My 1 chiller to 3 bucket design became un-adjustable after 4 months so constant res levels are impossible. I hope to resolve that issue using a 3 valve manifold vs the the manifold w/no valves. My last AK47 didn’t pop. Yes it was in a dark/warm place in a shot glass of r/o water at the same time I germinated the WW the same way.

More as it happens…

3 Likes

I just placed my 2nd order, now how do I get replacements for 1-AK47 and 1-Bubblegum that didn’t germinate?

1 Like

You’ll have to contact customer support.

Maybe @Covertgrower or @BobbyDigital can tell you exactly how.

1 Like

@Dorf

Setting up a single soil indoor grow using: @Graysin
5 gall black bucket with 5 3/8" holes drilled on the bottom, 3 on the sides for drainage
5lb 3/4"-1-1/4" jade stones for succulents
12qt FFOF
HLG Diablo 350R light
7" XLUX soil moisture meter
pH balanced R/O water

Question(s)::I want to start the germinated WW auto seedling in the forever home to eliminate xfer from solo cup and dome

1. What setting do I use on the HLG? I am using #3 (#1 doesn’t illuminate)
  2. How far above the seedling is the light (currently 16")
  3. Can I use some or all liquid nutes I already have from DWC? How much and when? FFOF says after 90 days. I have silica, armor si, cal mag and Gen Hydro FloraGro and Hydrogard
1 Like