😺. Nicky's Autopot Coco Experiment😺

@Nicky sorry to ask again, but with the autopots how do you decide when turn them on when starting from seeds?

3 Likes

@CygnusX1 might be able 2 answer. Nick schedule always got him busy

1 Like

When the leafs tips hit the edge of the pots the roots should be deep enough. Turn them on fill the pots then turn them off, and see if they drink it.
If they do then your golden, if it sits there then they arnt drinking from the bottom yet.

@SilvaBack203

Taking a break for a bit from my other responsibilities, but back at my course on Monday.
My journals back so ill be around here and there.

I really want to get to that 1lb of fresh frozen larf and trim I want to wash into hash to press into rosin.

Also @Stonedrus you got the link in your thread, they are taking a plant leaf sample and testing the sample for DNA markers that will tell us if it’s male or female, 10$ per test if you buy 10 tests.

There is now a company doing DNA finger printing for 75$, it’s goal is to identify key markers of the parents to ensure your getting and growing what you asked. So they can tell if that plant really is a gorrila glue or if it’s just some other short stocky hybrid they are selling and marking it as GG4.

Another company, my favourite in terms of advancements, is doing shotgun blast DNA sampling where they grasp bunches of the DNA and put it all into a computer program its very cool. You can compare sets of DNA between different plants and stuff. Last I heard they had found the mold resistance marker and were going to try and replicate it onto a different plant.

14 Likes

Oh nice man enjoy the time off. If you do get to do the wash lmk. Would love to see the results

1 Like

Only get Sunday off, I’m at work just frustrating cell service had put my course on hold till I get home download it onto my tablet and do it offline going forward.

No time for wash until xmass break unless they get rid of me and we are already short one paramedic so I doubt they will ask me to leave unless I get someone angry so I can go home early lol.
The moneys to good for me to do that though, and being home every night even if omly for 3.5hr before I need to sleep is a dream come true.

15 Likes

Thanks for the tag. @Nicky has it well covered. Same rule for me, when the leaves hit the edge of the bag it’s game on.

4 Likes

I got out of EMS years ago. You see a lot of shit working that truck…

5 Likes

i’ll be watching and lurking from the shadows. auto pots are in my future. thinking i’ll get some next year

7 Likes

Respect man, the regular population will never know what first responders know.

I switched to industrial contracting next to no calls but remote, running it solo, and advanced trauma normally or medicals to but more trauma.

Going into safety.

11 Likes

Looking good buddy. Wish I had the motivation and energy to be able to move along and do some stuff like u guys do. I get side tracked too easy for experiments like this lol. I appreciate seeing the results from experiments by u hell and anyone else who does them. I must say tho my room right now is about the best temps for flower I think they have ever been lol. Hard to get over 74° unless I am keep the exhaust turned off. I need to go thru and set up the fan to auto turn on and off as the temp or rh fluctuate. I should tinker wit it for a bit since wife is snoring still :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Yeah that’s why the controller on the AC infinity T series is amazing it does that.
You can use a secondary one from inkbird but it only monitors one thing per time per plug even their duel plug model with temp and humidity.

Okay well I cleaned the reservoirs and blew the lines out after soaking for multiple days, two were clogged and the others had a ton of silica and fishshit in them. Should be good for the full grow now.
Autopots setting up, lost a silicone bumper down the drain so I’ll have to get one next Sunday

Clones are stretching like mad even though it’s not stretch time…
I may plant them up in the next day or two after work, to the 5 gallons. Watching the roots wiaitng till they are viable on the side.

@MattyBear genetics are all alive and heathy, moved the fan a bit further away

One day off a week and long days make getting stuff done a challenge but I’m chipping away at it.

Oh reservoirs are clean, one is full but needs the nutrients mixed in, I’ll do that once I finish the 5 gallon bucket I have mixed up.

Also bossman has some beans of his own growing.

20 Likes

Looking good in there bro. I bet Bossman can’t wait for them to grow and make edibles out of them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Bro when I buy catgrass to grow it grow ok but to buy from the store grown looks so much better. Now I brought both home and inspected the one that the store grows in. Containers and I bdont think the store really use a medium with the seeds if so it disappears in the seeds and roots because the root mass looks like roots and seeds only. I’ve tried in dirt and in coco a little of both and alot of both and it just does not grow the same. Have u noticed if they use any medium or seeds only in the pot. It’s weird but I lovegrowin cat grass and cat nip for the kitties

6 Likes

Bossman better stay on top of watering! :smile:

3 Likes

Cat grass grew great in the coco with Jack’s but the watering became to much.
The stuff from the store seams to always be in a soilless medium so it dies fast and they can you more.

I do have plans to make litter Tupperware hydro containers but this was just the easiest way to do things right now. I’m using organic potting mix so I don’t have to water it daily like coco.

7 Likes

Maybe a new tent is in order to keep bossman from thinking things in your tent are for eating!!!

2 Likes

Bossman needs to set up a res and have an autopot system going for his cat grass hahaha :rofl:

5 Likes

I have to clarify this is all bossman’s grow, I’m just his minion that does the bidding. It’s all in an effort to entertain him, however you guys may be on to something… Gave me a bit of an idea I’ll see if I can make it viable.

9 Likes

They don’t call him Bossman for nothing. He’s the boss after all :laughing:

4 Likes

The Boss put me to work last night, we had a clip fan die 2 days ago so it was time to move the clones into their own space that has fans.
They also have been stretching like crazy so I’m hoping to try and control that a bit by getting them into their 4x5 space with more lighting.

Clones were stripped of most branches and buried at the bottom or at least half way down the 5 gallon pot in order to try and control stretch a bit more. Roots should grow out the side of the stem but we will see come harvest time, I don’t normally run clones so this is not normal practice for me.

Two are in coco perlite and two are in straight coco, gave them a little drink and I think I set the inkbird temp/humidity controller but this thing always confuses me. Because of the interface and so many options.

Stripped the branches before planting in the 5 gallons.

The little seedlings super Cindy haze from MattyBear are all growing well, they are also getting blasted with light. Another couple days and I’ll send off my DNA sample cards.

Meanwhile bossman’s cat grass is already germinating, should start to see grass in a couple days.

While I planted the clones as close to the bottom as I could I will top water for a week maybe two, since I’m home and it’s not a big deal.

All four clones have been FIM’d as per my usual

Had some loading problems had to edit the post here is the full update
@ashhhh
@Newt
@ReelOfishalTrees

@ReelOfishalTrees he’s the Tony Soprano of growing around these parts, he take it very seriously.
Full inspection

18 Likes