đŸ˜ș. Nicky's Autopot Coco ExperimentđŸ˜ș

I’ll be learning along on this one

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag, I’ll be following along!

3 Likes

Welcome everyone.

@Myfriendis410 a month behind firing up or you have one going?

@SKORPION tag me when you do fire up friend.

@Not2SureYet in a week in a half I should be able to take DNA samples like you just did, definitely transplanting regardless of results.
Only depate is do I sent 2 or 3 samples off?
If I do send 3 I may have 2 females to choose between, although most don’t show noticeable enough traits worth picking a pheno till well into flower I believe. However I did notice on my last grow I was able to cull 2 weaker lanky looking plants that were females.
Thoughts @MattyBear

@ConcreteBudz why thank you, I haven’t grown in straight coco until now I’ve always mixed in perlite. Your grow looks mighty healthy

@Deepsix no autos this round, that’s two grows in a row with no autos, next grow will include 1 auto or maybe all 5 will be autos for a quick no hassle grow just to wash it all into hash and then into rosin.

@Underthestairs we will all be learning here, myself included.

I was able to snap a quick picture, of low quality with grow lights on last night. Not much to see other than the seedlings fell over and have risen back up with wider leafs. Come transplant time I will burry the stems like @Not2SureYet said.

Clones are loving the tent, temp is running about 27c 79f and humidity is about 75-80%.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning out both 25 gallon flexi tank reservoirs and one will get filled with a silica, jacks321, fishshit mix.
I will also try and scrub the dirty trays from last grow and set the autopot system up as the valves and hoses have been soaking for a couple days in a 5 gallon bucket with drip clean treated water. The 4x4 also will need its pre filter changed out.
I am looking at upgrading the filters to non amazon cheap carbon filters, think I’m about done smelling cannabis outside and inside slightly all the time. The cheap amazon filters work far better than no filter but these Kootenay filters are meant to be the best, even better than the mountain airs I was looking at. They are big though, 175$ each and I will need 2 come flower.

Next update I will turn grow lights off so the pictures are better.

14 Likes

Grow them all if you have room and they are females. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Starting my winter run around the first of January.

6 Likes

That’s against house rules, and the deal made with the girlfriend. 5 max, 4 in the 4x5 and one in the 3x4.

If they are females I might be able to hold onto them for a bit but won’t be allowed to flower them out. She may let me pheno hunt of I get her a 270$ fitbit she wants
 Lol

I would like a Cindy haze leaning parent just due to the smell I think, although if the SLH is as good as it sounds would like the effects from that parent
 We will see, may be lowed to keep them to pre flower just enough for a stem rub.
Think I will be able to tell from a stem rub just before flip or after stretch?

I’m home for now maybe I should screen the 3x4 and scog it!

9 Likes

Sounds like you have a lot going on there :grin: Sounds like you have some negotiating to do with the GF :laughing:

5 Likes

Sounds and looks like you’re off to a great start Nicky. Interested to see how the medium change goes. Definitely try to get that Fitbit!

2 Likes

If you can only keep 2, then I would select the two that are growing the best and have the best node spacing, height, or whatever you deem worthy :call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Well I will see how they look in a week and a half then decide if I’m sending 2 or 3 tests down for DNA sexting. From there I can only flower 1, my lighting is limited to a single 240w in my 3x4.

I may be able to hold the females until flip though which will give me a better judge as to the healthiest.

5 Likes

Sorry I know I missed it above, What is it being test for?

1 Like

Can you be more specific about your question?

3 Likes

Lol, are you just Sexing the plant or genetic makeup, or is it testing any sort of quality. I was just curious you said, DNA sexting and I didn’t know what it was looking for.

3 Likes

I am very intrigued and would love to tag along!!

4 Likes

will do getting there

12 Likes

@Stonedrus He is testing for the sex of them. That is a sweet room there @SKORPION Just a though. With the brick in there. I am guessing it may keep it a little cool in there? I set the front of my tent I made up with some thing similar to a shower curtain using panda film. I leave the front open during the day. And close it at night to help keep heat in. I really like how it is off the ground :+1:

7 Likes

I got the idea, because my current tool cellar stays about 70 in the summer. So by adding a massive amount of lights it should put off quite a bit of heat and I ordered two heat AC units with a built in humidifier. So that should keep that temp in the winter, fingers crossed.

8 Likes

Wow I would kill for that space skorp!

5 Likes

Cool, My dehumidifier keeps my temps good at night when in flower. If you have a grow going on. Can you tag me in please :grin:

5 Likes

She’s a smart woman everything is a deal

2 Likes