Newt’s Grow Journal (´◡`) (Part 1)

Growing became legal here on 7/1.

In prep I got a grow tent kit , and got it all setup. On 7/5 1 got 2 clones from a friend, 1 - Kandy Kush, 1 Girl Scout Cookies

Let them grow (no training) while I was waiting on some supplies to get my own clones growing, so they got a little big. Switched to flower schedule on 7/23 , so they have been on 12/12 for 15 days. Here’s how they are looking:
KK on the left, GSC on the right

KK Budlet:

GSC Budlet:

40 Likes

Welcome to the community. Looking good so far. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

This is my grow tent setup https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-Complete-Compatible-MeanWell/dp/B088R4B8N2/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1OK2YW0Y0SYO4&dchild=1&keywords=spider+farmer&qid=1628430974&sprefix=spider+%2Caps%2C246&sr=8-13?tag=greenrel-20
And the two girls have filled the entire 2x4 space.

4 Likes

Kandy and Cookie are looking happy this morning:

25 Likes

I’m not a fan of kits as they often include inferior components, but the one you linked here actually looks pretty good. Spider Farmer has come a long way.

2 Likes

So far, it seems solid. Which isn’t to say that there won’t be changes.

1 Like

They look great are you growing them organic or bottle nutrients

For veg I used Fox Farms Big Grow (3 bottle caps full per gallon) every other watering. Went water only first 2 weeks of flowering, and I am now using Fox Farms Buds and Bloom (2 caps full per gallon) plus 1 cap full of Fox Farms Big Bloom. Again, every other watering. Will adapt based on results.

10 Likes

Nice plants…

1 Like

I’m ready for my closeup. :star_struck:

19 Likes

@Newt
Those plants look beautiful …I would love to try growing that kandy kush but I’d have to go outdoors in the northeast …not sure if that’s a good idea …one of my favorite strains is sugar kush which is kandy kush X Hash Plant

Your GSC looked great too …great strains ! Happy growing

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Looking great!

Happy gardening

1 Like

I was reading about being able to see the trichrome whitening, loupes, microscopes, etc. I have a small inspection camera. Does anyone have an opinion if this will provide the necessary magnification and clarity to assess? Here’s a shot of a budlet.

13 Likes

This is the resolution I look for. This was taken with a $20 portable microscope.

19 Likes

Not sure I could get that with what I have. Do you have a link?

1 Like

I gave you bad information on price. It’s now more expensive. There are similar models that you can probably get for a little less.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV0TV50

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks!

Today’s picture of the girls:

14 Likes

Good morning, Kandy!

Good morning, Cookie!

Group pic!

15 Likes