Newbie Issue with 1 plant

I am a newbie. I have not grown in about 30 years. I am a fairly experienced hobbyist with other plants. I am having an issue with one of the White Widow seedlings out of the 4 planted. The grow specifics are:

Medium: coco
Propagation medium: germination sponge
Nutrients: General Hydroponics
TDS: ~450
PH: 6
Light: HLG 300L
Tent: 3x3 Secret Jardin
Watering frequency: 1-2 days
Start Date: 7/8/2021

The issue is one of the seedlings is drooping. The other 3 look great.

This is the plant that is drooping

This is one of the ones doing well.

I don’t think that this is a watering issue. The soil is moist and has been. The plant leaves are not flaccid. The plant feels as though it is not wilting which in most other species suggests that it is getting enough water.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I have left off any relevant information.

Thanks

1 Like

Oh, and the lights are at about 30% and 18 inches from the tops of the plants.

I had the same issue with coco. You need feed and water every day. At this stage the feed is really light still 1/4 strength. The amount I was giving every day was about half liter. In about 3 days they will blow up

Thanks. I will continue the daily watering with nutrients. I may bump them up a bit too to about 700 in a day or two. On other plants it takes up to a few weeks to really see the difference. I would imagine that is true for cannabis as well. I appreciate your insight.

1 Like

On mine it took about 3 days to see a noticeable difference in them. After that she took off. You can go through my first journal and see the changes. Click link to it below.

First grow

Start at post 60.

Thanks. I see what you are talking about. Our plants look similar at that stage. I will give it a few more days to see progress and reassess.

1 Like

I give a shot glass every day at full strength at this stage. In a much smaller container though. Meaning in 5 gallons I’d give that every other day. @Myfriendis410 is who I believe I read also gives a shot glass at full strength once a day to seedlings and domes, I don’t dome personally. On hellraiser’s thread. Been working great for me. To give an idea of amount of water to use early on.

Ignore the nibbles. Was fixed already.

This one I’ve been experimenting with. I give her a third gallon every 2-3 days and I don’t empty the drip pan. Always at full strength. She’s destined to be killed if I can’t find someone to take her. Her clone with be a mother in soil. She is second gen as is.

My point being and point of test was to tell me whether jacks should ever be reduced from full strength. This tells me it’s unnecessary.

Thanks. I am not used to not having any slow release in the soil like I do for other types of plants… which means that they will almost certainly be nutrient deprived unless you are on it from close to day 1 I guess.

Once they are established feed them with full strength jacks to 10-20% run off everyday. Coco is an inert medium. This is technically growing hydroponically. They only get what you give them. Nothing more.

That shot glass I give everyday… causes runoff.

1 Like