Newbie growing 2 ILGM GG #5 *Weekly updates*

What do you do?

1 Like

I have watched many of those videos and im a recovering defol addict. My critical purple grow turned out so well im probably under a false pretense aboit the advantages of defol…
Im growing a gold leaf now and i have removed several fan leaves. But im holding off on anythibg else to let her grow out

1 Like

That was a mainline correct?

1 Like

Yessir it was. I cut the critic purple almost down to nothing at one point. But even with her being an auto she rocked out

1 Like

Mainline is a very specific method. Everything that comes along with that method should be considered, good and bad. It’s more complicated than just leaving as blanket statement about defoliation. If op is interested in doing a mainline and you’d like to coach them through it, by all means.

2 Likes

I can try to help other growers mainline their grow. But im really not an expert. I kinda feel like i got lucky. Thats why im glad i took pictures otherwise i dont think i would remember how i did it

2 Likes

I am so sorry! I meant to say third week in flower, not veg. Guess I shouldn’t have taken that last hit.:crazy_face::flushed:

But I was correct in saying:

That’s why I always try to tag folks to make sure whomever is getting the right advise. Thanks for catching that @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @seascallop

OK, I’m gona go hide now…

2 Likes

I don’t know specifically if that’s true about the 3rd week of flower either.

3 Likes

See, I’ll say it again, Always check with your growing doctors before taking my advise… haha!
Thanks @dbrn32 I did only mean the fan leaves that were damaged that were in question. It just didn’t come out that way… sorry! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That makes sense.

3 Likes

Day 98 BLOOM WEEK 7(2/20/2019)

Ok, guys and gals we are in the home stretch now! I am excited but also super paranoid I am going to do something wrong. They do look stunning compared to my first sad nitrogen-rich grow. I did notice my soil ph was running low so I buffer in a little baking soda with my water this week.

I have also ordered a PPM meter a tool I probably should have invested in earlier. I am pretty happy with this harvest but am pumped for the next, moving to a larger tent with more lighting. :sunglasses:

So the seed guide for GG says a flower between 8 and 9 weeks, I have been in bloom 6 full weeks now. I am trying to take them at the right time. How do they look in the pictures?

1 Like

Day 105 BLOOM WEEK 8(2/28/2019)

Sorry about the late update it has been a busy week.

We are in the home stretch now, both plants are at 360 and 345 ppm. I plan to either harvest this weekend or next depending on how my trichomes look under the microscope on Saturday.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed their knowledge as a new grower it really has been so valuable and I continue to learn so much every day.
@HappyHydroGrower @Viktor7 @SlowOldGuy @PurpNGold74 @blackthumbbetty

I’ll keep updating this thread until the dry/cure is completed

4 Likes

@dbrn32 I am moving to a 60’‘x60’‘x80’’ on my next grow. You have a vast knowledge of lighting. What would be a good complement to my current light? I wish I would have to know about this forum when I making my initial light purchase it would have saved me a lot of time.

Current light
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185OLBPK/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plan on growing 3 GG#5.

Thanks again for all the help today, and yesterday and this week. :joy:

1 Like

You have a lot of room for improvement, could pretty much do whatever you want.

Day 112 BLOOM WEEK 9(3/7/2019)

The time is at hand all! Last night was the final night of Tuesday night was the last cycle of 12/12. I have moved the plants over to 48 hours of darkness prior to harvest. They are looking amazing and I can’t wait to see what they yield.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you on your light, I added a 260 watt QB to mine.

1 Like

Beautiful buds. :beers:

@Magilla12

Thanks for the suggestion and compliment. I know as a new grower the lighting setup has been one of the more challenging parts for me.

Already got the much larger 60x60x80 tent on the way and shopping for lights now. It really is a fun hobby just to watch them grow from nothing to a product you can use and know the complete life cycle of. I know it has really given me an appreciation for all the hard work the growers do.

4 Likes

Everytime I take of hit of homegrown bud I’m amazed i actually grew it myself from seed. So rewarding…

4 Likes

Great plants, well done!