New to growing and almost overwhelmed

If she’s lucky her big thing is it gets my tools out of the laundry/boot room the dogs will get more space inside than she will likely but I did build her a pantry and new bathroom so it was kinda my turn

3 Likes

@Donaldj good luck my friend I can’t wait to see it hopefully you’ll get 100% of it and not have to worry about her wanting to put her crap out there to please keep me up today I’d love to watch how it turns out

2 Likes

Sounds awesome Donald… my ol lady just went to the store to pick me up a few things for my “project”, with the understanding that I might grow her some maters or peppers. Yes honey nooo problem

2 Likes

As far as minor light leaks. You can get a roll of black felt and double sided tape. Overlap your zippers and seams. Poof, no light😛

1 Like

I am there too she asks me for same things I said sure you buy the gear and we can do an NFT grow outside the shed lmao pay too much for power to waste it on peppers but I will teach you how to mix nutes and ph no problem :wink: I also have to start garden outside this year

1 Like

@Uhawl unless it’s a massive leak you should be fine I’m cheap so I think I paid 70 bucks for my 2 x 4 x 6 and it also has some spots but nothing a little bit of tape can’t fix but I understand for the money you spent that shit should not have any like leaking through it all I think you’ll be fine can’t wait to watch you start and get it going

3 Likes

@Uhawl, I bought a 4x4x6 tent off amazon for $110. Yeah there are some small little light leaks, but they aren’t huge.There are expectations when spending money on these things, but one thing to remember is that your not gonna get 100% no leak. There is gonna be some seam or a seam near a zipper that let’s an little light in. Unless it is a major hole, then you should be fine.

1 Like

Honestly I get away with a lot hard to argue budget with the person who pays mortgage power gas cable and phone bills every month. It usually results in me going hey I know where we can shave a few bucks so I can save up for things I want.

2 Likes

Ok everyone thanks for the input. I’ve decided to return the 4x4 gorilla and just keep the 1 5x5 GrowSun. I’ve put both on my 8 bulb T5 lights in there already (see picture). And because I’ve ready about bloom issues with the 6500 bulbs I already got replacement 2700k bulbs for flowering.

Now… since I’ve just returned the gorilla, I’ve got some extra cash for an LED… my plan (if you guys think it’s doable/smart) is to use the T5 at first and then as the plants get bigger, turn the T5s to the sides of the tent and have the LED on top…

What do y’all think?

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan to me with the led on top an the t5’s as side light will help the plant get better all around lighting. What size led where you thinkin about gettin?

1 Like

Best bang for the buck really… but something like a mars or viperspar 600W. Somewhere under the $300 mark

1 Like

I’ve been thinkin about this one personally

1 Like

lol lights are my primary heat source in most of my grows

2 Likes

@Uhawl I’m already overwhelmed so you win

Man, your grow room looks like something out of sci-fi movie to me…
No worries, its awesome, I am just too old school dog in the mountains…:slight_smile:
Good luck !!

2 Likes

There are things to learn in this thread my dad has grown my whole life and is stubborn in his ways too lol now I get better yields than hi and he’s confounded

3 Likes

I am sure he is…lol
I am very new to cannabis cultivation, but I like the challenge…
Last year I learned to cultivate oyster mushrooms, it was fun…
I can wait for the snow to melt, so I go out to my garden to play…

2 Likes

Hi, Uhawl, growing is great as long as I remembered…if you are comfortable in the plants’ environment, so are they. That is how I managed my 1st grow. When overwhelmed I remember they are just (fancy) weeds and to not over think it all. This is fun! Good Luck!
TXWhip

2 Likes

Today was supposed to be a work day, but it turned into a work in the grow room day. Since I was impatient I had 5 pots with single plants and then 4 pots with 2 plants in each pot for a total of 13 ladies that came up over a 10 day period I needed to do some transplanting. I started transplanting the doubles into single pots on Thursday. And then finished up today. I broke one off at the surface and then hurt another pretty bad that I don’t think will make it. I do however have 11 strong looking plants growing well. I also transplanted 3 of my largest ones into 5 gal smart pots today also. I think overall it went pretty smooth.

I’ve also been struggling with higher temps (81-83) with lights going.

I’ve been tossing around ideas of getting a portable AC but they are costly and still need to be vented outside. I’m growing inside a downstairs bedroom that I don’t wanna drill holes in the ceiling or walls to vent out AC exhaust thru.

I brainstormed awhile and noticed I have a equalizer vent in the room that also is connected to the family room. So I took my exhaust hoses and ran them across the tops of my tents and over to the vent, stuffed them into the ducting, sealed it with some tape and turned my fans on. Temps have since came down to 77-80 in the tent over the last hour. Next I may route a hose from my AC duct directly into my tent if temps climb as plants get bigger. But I think once the room cools off and everything equals out I’ll be in great shape.

2 Likes