New kids grandaddy purple auto

Got 2 out of 5 ilgm grandaddy purple seeds to pop, hoping the smaller one catches up. These are about 3 or 4 weeks from germination and i have them in bas 3.0 that was left over from a organic grow i did 2 grows ago. Will be using jacks 321 that was delivered yesterday, could anyone tell me when i should start to feed, does the bas 3.0 have enough nutrient to carry them for a while and i will be adding an inch or so of worm castings later today. Just transplanted an hour ago.

5 Likes

When you start depends on what soil you are using. What soil are you using? Most good cannabis soils do not need feeding for 4 to 6 weeks from your most recent transplant.

Once nutrients are depleted from what is in your soil already, then begin feeding. You can monitor media nutrient levels in your soil with a PPM meter. Begin feeding when the runoff PPM gets to < 1,000.

2 Likes

Im using build a soil 3.0 mix that was left over from an organic grow i did 2 grows ago. The soil was extra and sat in a covered plastic garbage can in my shed through the winter, it was unused and still dry.

1 Like

I would begin monitoring runoff PPM right away then and begin feeding when it dips below 1,000 for the 1st time. Maintain that runoff PPM at 1,000 for the duration of the grow. Since the plants are young and smaller atm, you can get away with less PPM for a couple of weeks, but I wouldn’t let it get below 500. Autos are more sensitive to high nutrient concentrations than photoperiod plants are, so avoid overfeeding.

I think with the BAS 3.0 you can just top dress as needed to keep the biology alive. no need for extra ferts. at least that’s the advice I was given when I asked this question a few days ago. I’m about to start a similar grow when the rest of amendments get here.

OP intends to use Jacks and is growing synthetic rather than organic.

yee, I saw worm castings and got confused for a sec. I just finished growing a few GPD a month ago. I may have overindulged this morning.
great stain choice I’m loving the 4 I grew

8 Likes

Pretty plant. The color is great.

5 Likes

thanks, I’m sad that is the only good pic I got. I had another that was even prettier. They are all tasty though

1 Like

I just picked up a couple of GDP carts over the weekend. I’ve never had it.

2 Likes

I pressed a little of the the dried trim in my homemade rig and I got 1/4g of pretty tasty rosin. that’s better than I’ve done with a lot of nug in the past.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

Are those auto or photo

all of those were photos

I would do a soil slurry test Grow Bro to check the PPMs of available nutrients in the soil. Use a 1/2 a cup of distilled water with equal part of soil, stir and let it rest for 30 minutes or so and test. This will give a good starting point and how long to water feed before nutrients are needed :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Good suggestion. The plants aren’t really big enough to water to runoff yet.

2 Likes

A friend talked me into trying autos, I’ll see what happens with these but i wont do autos again regardless, I’ll hold off on the worm castings for a few weeks and wont feed nutrients till i notice them needing something. I’ll just give them ph’d water with t-drops, cannazym and maybe recharge every 2 to 3 weeks. Next i think I’ll do the grandaddy purple again but photos… thank you guys.

1 Like

Good call. I’ve never understood why some claim that autos are easier to grow. They can be twitchy, you get an occasional runt, yields aren’t comparable unless a very experienced grower is managing them, they can be more sensitive to high nutrient levels, you are at the mercy of the plant’s timing on flowering, making recovering from mistakes challenging, and they can be a challenge to train since you have no control over when they flower.

4 Likes

Will do thanks, good idea.

There’s definitely a learning curve with autos. Took me several runs to figure them out and there’s still the risk of the unknown :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes