New growth in beginning of flower is yellow green

Did I cut back my nitrogen too much or is it the hps color…? All my new growth seems yellowish… still green but like lime green… not the dark green it was during veg

1 Like

G’day, need some photos mate @MattyBear

1 Like

Yes, photos without the HPS or MH lighting would be best :v::bear:

1 Like

Please don’t take this explanation because I haven’t seen a picture, but some strains I have grown do the same thing you are explaining. When going from leafy to bud the rapid growth can give a yellow appearance visually; however, are the other leaves on the plant regular green? If they are, then you should be fine. DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE WITHOUT TALKING TO A GROW MENTOR. I could be wrong, and mess up a critical point in the plants lifecycle. Good Night

4 Likes

Rapid new growth will look bright lime green on new flowers … pics in natural light will help us give you better advice… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Would this be an example?
3 week in flower all new growth is lime green and in abundance.

6 Likes

Yes…
Beautiful plant… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

looking good :+1: what is the strain and growing medium?

2 Likes

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

… the dude and somewhere on the right, getting swallowed up… fruity pebbles! Flood and drain table. On 2nd week like 3rd day… and I’ve pulled an entire trash bag of fan leaves already…

That is a Jack Herer. I am in organic soil. I took 2 clones from her last night. Trying my first clone/monster cropping. Just can’t wait to see her stacked with colas. She is so bushy and underneath on the stem is little leaves everywhere I keep trimming them off. But she keeps spitting them out. I can hardly get in my room to tend to them anymore. Some of them are over 3’ across the top. But oh how I love growing MJ…

3 Likes

Jacks are supposed to be good for clones, my next grow is a Jack47 a cross with AK47 and Jack Herer and is also said to be good clone mothers, keep the photos coming :+1:

2 Likes

Photos didnt show up mate

1 Like

Curious as to how they look now?

About the same. Pale and brown on the edges on some… nothing has helped… believe I just overwatered in the beginning. Doesn’t seem to be hurting them much…

image1.jpeg

2 Likes

Oh yeah… didn’t have flood table covered and with the light… brown algae/slime tried to take over but stopped it

Well looks like its working whatever you’ve done. Looks like some nice colas. About how much longer you think b4 you harvest?

Thanks! One of those is suppose to be 31%! We’ll see soon… Haven’t started really looking at the crystals up close with jewelers loop but I believe they have 2 1/2 - 3 more weeks

… and there’s like prob 35-40 of those thick tops!!! Full 2 week seedling 8 week veg with scrog=:metal::ok_hand:

What about this?