New Grower - First grow closet - Suggestions\Criticism wanted

Thats looking really good!!!

Your setup looks pretty intense haha. I notice a c02 canister it looks like.

What is the strain?

I found a clone of the HLG260 on ebay for under $300 … Im thinking about getting it for my 3x3.

Keep taking pictures!!! I love seeing what these can produce.

Did you do scrog or anything other LST ?

Ilgm super skunk. I plan to scrog. If you go to the diy led forum it was posted yesterday that someone has a build half the price of hlg but better. I built a cookie sheet sized light for $70 + the cookie sheet(took that from the kitchen).

I agree here. I recently bought 260W Horticulture Lighting Group kit and the ladies are loving it. I’m also watching other peoples results with the lights and it’s quite impressive.

I’m not sure that you necessarily need an intake fan for that size tent? I’m running a smaller tent right now 20"x36"x62" and a single 4" exhaust at the minimum setting is creating a significant amount of negative pressure already.

I’m not a pro so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thank you!

I appreciate all the advice I get! It takes a villiage to grow good marijuana or maybe it was raise a child… or… something like that. Ive never been good at quotes lol.

Ive been sold on the idea of HLG lights so now I just need to find one in my budget or build one!

I measured and my setup will be close in size to yours, 36x36x80. So probably 2-3 plants max.

Let me know how the scrog goes, Im still a little foggy on that concept.

That’s awesome on building your own light … I need to read more about that.

What are the details on the light ?

You should be ok with the 260w for a 3x3. In terms of number of plants… you can do a single big one, two medium ones or … you get the idea.

All depends on what your end goals are.

The 260w kit comes in two form factors, one for a rectangular space like mine and one for a square space like yours. Try to find the 260W XW. That’s the square version that @Whodat66 has in a similar space and his are taking off!

3 Likes

I couldnt find the HLG build you had referenced, the one that is half the price of the HLG 260 but better in the DIY lights forum.

What is the output of that light … does it measure up to a HLG 260?.. you built it for $70 … If you have a build sheet \ parts list I bet I could use 2 or 3 of those to do my 3x3 :slight_smile:

Thats a slick build!!! Awesome use of the baking sheet. Your baking sheet is going to help you get baked lol.

Hang the banksters made the claim. Scroll up from the last post on diy led and you’ll see several builds. Dbrn32 and aoleon aren’t he ones to ask for fast cheap builds. The cookie sheet is a mod from a blurple. Idk what a 700ma 140-180v driver would cost. But you’ll need one.

these are the strips

1 Like