New grow w/ new light and strain

I’ll have to read up tonight about cloning,as I dont know … well anything about it.

3 Likes

I certainly am no expert on cloning. I have had success the few times that I have done it by following the instructions of some of the other folks. Let me tag a few that may be very helpful.
@Covertgrower @MattyBear @Newt @dbrn32 There are many others but this will get someone to provide some good instruction for cloning.

6 Likes

Here is the procedure that I use:
Cut the branch and plunge immediately into ice water

Remove the bottom most growth and cut the remaining leaves half way off.

Dip the bottom of the branch in Clonex.

Put cutting in a root riot cube that is moist but not too wet.

Place under a humidity dome with medium low light for 18 - 24 hours per day.

Mist every couple days until roots are visible then place into your choice of medium.

9 Likes

Pretty good info right here

10 Likes

Getting my read on!

3 Likes

There is no need to cut any thing un less you want to. Super crop her and she will continue to grow. I did this one here when she was in flower. She never missed a beat and kept motoring on. And grew tall still :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I haven’t tried Supercrop yet that’s I didn’t mention

1 Like

In the past all I’ve done is top at 5/6 node and then tucked under a net, and kept tucking.

3 Likes

I’m team supercrop

1 Like

What is the difference between LST and a net vs supper crop with net???

Lst is gently bending branches over,low stress vs super cropped is forced injuries high stress

2 Likes

Like @StonedCold13 said but I’ll add, my understanding is, if super cropping and you do it right, she won’t straighten up and you won’t need a net. Super cropping is done when you don’t have a net. It will make the branch stay in that position.

There are several that have grown plants and made them look just like they have a scrog on by just supper cropping them. Supper cropping is also done later in flower or when necessary.

2 Likes

I get it. I suppercropped a few branches by accident from time to time being ham handed LOL.

2 Likes

If doing just LST and a net where would ya’ll suggust a Top???

I’d just lay her over and drag her head as far as you have room for. Keep weaving till the net is 50-60% full and then l’d flip

Not going to clone at this time as I’m not set up for space. But may just bend over 90 degrees (main branch) just won’t get the extra main cola if not topped or is that the girl is alternating nodes so toppings g wouldn’t give me 2 colas anyway???

You shouldn’t end up with any “mains” (or I guess you could argue you’ll only have mains) if you’re going into a SCROG. Theoretically that levels all colas to the same height which tricks the apical dominance hormone to treat all of them like main colas.

1 Like

I think it’s just a “new” to me technic I haven’t done before so I have the willys. LOL

1 Like

If you would like, I can show you what happens when you bend a WW over, instead of topping it, on a 28” x 28” scrog??

Bending is not a bad thing provided you give the plant counter support in the opposite direction. You can always just cut it like mentioned above. It’s only getting bigger… lol
:+1:t2::stuck_out_tongue::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes pict are always good for the slow. LOL I do have a… load of yoyo’s for support.

1 Like