New favorite hobby ( I hope )

Welcome to your new hobby. Its perfect durring lockdown for stress. The grow box looks good, but u will get short during flower, you will want to start flower ass soon as she is ready she can streach two feet. When the time come for a bigger grow box it can be converted in to a covert drying cabinet. From the sounds of it it is all ready, just need to remove light.

@Hellraiser has good info on his posts and I am a fellow diy’er myself. Lots of good info.

2 Likes

Great idea!!

1 Like

My bad, I will just refer to my box as the UAF… :wink: Thanks for letting me know before I get booted, wont happen again.
@outdoorsforlife the box is 4 ft tall inside, is that enough height to grow any strain to flower? I hope I didn’t just build a nice box for drying a harvest I will never have :frowning:

3 Likes

On all platforms for me…

1 Like

Or he could have said some people in his state love driving around :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It should work with some plant training if you get fancy and pull the branches right it could work. you should get a few ounces out of it. when you get down to it a 2x2 box at any height is only going to work for one plant at a time, you wont have a problem until you start to flower it. maybe trying to build an addition to the top to give you more room to work with 24-36 inches is all you would need. It is a damn good looking set up.

My captain I could say that too!

You will be able to use the box for a single plant, wind be a monster but it will get your feet wet until you out grow it. Then it may become a clone/seedling /drying room

1 Like

My box design is simple and easily expandable, and believe me version 2.0 is already rollin around in my head. What goes right and what goes wrong with my first run will finalize the plans in my head for the upgraded UAF. Since I have no idea what sex this seed will be, can I still practice trainning techniques with a male plant?

1 Like

When I first saw your pics I was thinking I have seen that box before. Then I remembered it was on the hillbilly engineer post.

2 Likes

And on that note of male plants, Could I theoretically keep a male plant in veg state in my box while I prepare a new better box in which I grow the new seeds I have coming. They’re feminized but if I wanted to get some seeds for my own stock, thats where the male I have in veg state will come in handy. I could bring it out of veg and have it pollinate one of the feminized seeds that’s ready to move to flowering?

Yes to all.

The things you have to realize is you won’t really be able to sext your plants until later in life.

I don’t run photos so I don’t know if you can do a long veg and sex them while still in veg or if you have to wait until you flip them. I belive you can sex it in veg BUT polen goes everywhere microscopic type level and your fans will spit it everywhere soooo a male can be very dangerous.
But someone who knows more about photos would be
@Myfriendis410
@peachfuzz
@Missiles
@MrPeat
@WickedAle
@AAA
@BobbyDigital
@PurpNGold74
@dbrn32
@MattyBear

These are all very experienced and knowledgeable members on the forum, there are more but can only tag 10

4 Likes

General rule for me is about 6 weeks above soil you should know if its a male or female. So many factors you have to take into consideration that can make or break your crop.

I love growing Photo Monsters but dabbling into the Auto World. They are getting a 12/12 cycle start to finish as well.

1 Like

That pollen is impossible to contain as a single exhale could cause the pollen to go flying. Hell if you sneezed in the tent that pollen is everywhere instantly and you also transport it every where.

2 Likes

Pollen can also travle up to a half mile in the wind outside

1 Like

This is what you’re looking for in a female. This was week 6 of veg for an amnesia I grew

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for chiming in, I don’t even have a sexting example in my grow forum picture folder… It’s because I run autos =p and I know how to do it myself.
6 weeks above ground, that’s a good thing to know @MrPeat

Here ya go @Nicky. This is my big male and you will see what I mean.

He is getting the chop tonight. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow.
you can tell way before that though I would think no?

1 Like

@Nicky The above photo is the newest photo. There was no mistaking it was a male before 30 days. These nanners spread fast. :+1:

Now this photo is from May 11th.

The above photo is from May 2nd.

2 Likes