Need help with ro water?

Hello all, ok so I’m useing ro water now and my question is do you check ph? I’m confused on what the procedure is ? Does ro have to be ph’d? I’ve been adding my nutrients once a week and ph after adding them.on just water fed days I use epson salts and cal mag then I adjust ph. Am I doing this correctly or no need to check ph because I’m useing ro water lol?

Than you

4 Likes

All water should be ph according to your grow medium. If feeding ph after nutes added. If just plain water then ph of course. But always ph your water.

4 Likes

Correct.

Always pH your feed where you’ve added anything to the RO water. No pH test is necessary with plain RO if you are just watering. It’s impossible to test the pH of pure RO since no ions exist in RO water for there to even be a pH.

10 Likes

You are correct to ph the r/o after you’ve added your nutes to it. R/o is neutral and measures inaccurately until you add enough tds for the meters to read. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Thank you guys. Someone told me that I should add 20% tap water to the ro for better adjustment? I have not done this yet?

1 Like

Bro science. There is absolutely no reason to pH pure RO water. Pure RO will mix with the soil and take on the pH of the medium into which it is introduced.

9 Likes

@MidwestGuy said it. Ro cant be ph’d there arent enough minerals for conductivity. Adding tapwater to your ro defeats the purpose of ro. You can and should ph after adding cal mag epsom on water only days.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you as always. I use the flora series nutrients, they seam to ph themselves very well with my ro water, but i always check it.

Is there any order of adding nutes? I know with the 3 part flora I’ve read to use the brown bottle first, but what about cal mag and epson? Does it make any difference as long as I ph everything after mixing?

1 Like

I used those before. The order does matter and you wanna verify this but i believe you supposed to start with the micro, then grow then bloom then the calmag and epsom

3 Likes

20220625_141914

2 Likes

What do you use now? I’ve just had good luck with this so far so I’m happy for now😀

2 Likes

You ph when you’re all done correct? Not after adding each nutrient? I’ve been stirring in each one at a time and then adjusting ph at the end

Yes. After adding all nutes.

1 Like

I switched from ebb and flow with clay pebbles using same as you to coco coir and jacks 321

1 Like

I do 25% tap water with 75% RO, but not for that reason. A little sodium and chloride from the tap water is beneficial to plants. Something I picked up watching a GreenGene video.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll try that next feeding as I usually mix up 4 gallons anyway :grinning:

2 Likes