NEED HELP! first timer

@PremiumBudzBlondie yes I do have a plastic cup

2 Likes

A clear one ?

1 Like

@PremiumBudzBlondie yes it’s clear, what do I do?

2 Likes

Make 5-7 1/8inch holes in the top, spritz the inside with alittle water and set it over top of where you planted your seed

3 Likes

like this

3 Likes

You will spritz it with water once a day and place back over seed site. It will raise the humidity at the seed site and promote a faster germination through the soil

3 Likes

@PremiumBudzBlondie @Wannabe how long do I leave it in the solo cup with the clear cup on top? When does the clear cup come off? And when should I transfer to the permanent home? Also, I’m doing 4 plants in a 3x3x8? Should I use 3 gallon or 5 gallon bags?

@Bunnymalo Bigger roots bigger plants. I use solo cup until the width of the plant surpasses the rim of cup. Tip: use clear cups next time. You can see the roots reach the bottom that’s when you up pot. Light is bad for roots so put the clear one inside a colored one.

With that being said it usually takes a few weeks in solo cup, then uppot.

I go solo cup to 3gal to 7gal. You can also place in permanent home off the bat no biggie. I highly recommend bigger pots. 5gal is fine.

Take the dome off after a week or so after they sprout. They like a lot of humidity early on. Probably when the second set really spreads out, then take off some.

1 Like

Woa woa woa I just realized 3x3x8. You may wanna use 3gallon and short veg(like a month) or that’s gonna be a squeeze. Or just go with it, atleast you know you’ll fill the tent.:laughing:

2 Likes

@Wannabe I know! I think I need to do 3 gallon tho for sure or else it’s going to be full either way

1 Like

Start with the 3gallon. If you need/want to then uppot. Having a full tent won’t do any harm as long as you control the height. They’ll only grow as wide as the wall allows. It’ll be fine just put em in there. Best part about growing is it’s a slow process, you have plenty of time to adjust anything at any time.

2 Likes

@Wannabe thanks bro! I have them with the clear cup on top and water that I sprayed. I was reading online and found people that use mega crop after seedling. What do you think about this?

1 Like

Yes 4 plants in a 3x3 is going to be very tight

3 Likes

It’s possible. We’re they in the same medium as you? If so was it the same brand? With happy frog/ocean forest your plant can get through veg no problem with out deficiency. Adding MC could be an overdose/burn. It could also help a lot. Not too sure I’m going to test it in veg this next grow. I’ve only used it in flower. Rule of thumb is wait 2 weeks before you feed anything. My plants grew great with just the ocean forest. For flower you’ll no question need the MC.

1 Like

@Wannabe @PremiumBudzBlondie currently my temperature is 72.5 and humidity is 40%. Is this adequate environment for them? Or should I put a humidifier in there? Also I’m using happy frog with a little of OF at the very bottom. And watering the clear cup once day to keep it humid. I have 2 fans in there right now little ones.

2 Likes

Everything sounds good and proper

2 Likes

@PremiumBudzBlondie @Wannabe how many days should I keep the plastic cup on top? It popped their heads out and have 4 small leaves. Should I remove?

Leave the domes on until the leaves almost touch the side of the dome

2 Likes

@PremiumBudzBlondie @Wannabe @repins12 I’ve been leaving the lights on 24/0. Should I consider doing 18/6 or what do you guys think? I keep reading online that people don’t don24/0 because it slows growth? How true is that?

I do 18/6 myself, to give them some dark time

2 Likes