NEED HELP! first timer

@repins12 would that help the growth? Also, would it affect the plants if I had them on 24/0 and just switch them to 18/6?

Go with 18/6. Plants still need rest each day. :+1:

2 Likes

I also do 18/6

1 Like

I personally run 12/12 from start to finish. I will recommend others with a 18/6. My system and my location makes a 12/12 work for me. Key words…it works for me. My system is dialed in.

5 Likes

For the first week after they pop I do 24/7 then I actually do 16/8 not 18/6 until flower. Eithers fine

1 Like

@Wannabe @MrPeat @PremiumBudzBlondie is there a reason why some do 24/0? And I’m thinking about 18/6 but is there a time that the 6 hours should start? I’m guessing the 6 hours of darkness are supposed to be uninterrupted?

1 Like

Uninterrupted… corrected. @Bunnymalo

1 Like

My lights go on at 6am and off at midnight

2 Likes

@Covertgrower should I worry about switching my plants from 24/0 to 18/6? Or it should be fine??

3 Likes

They will be fine

3 Likes

I use 24 hours for the first week just because I want them to do nothing but grow and the light helps from dampening off imo. Then 16/8 because the dark period it just as important as the light period. If I went any lower than 16 is getting too close to flowering hours.

1 Like

I recommend 18/6 so they get some rest. During the rest period, they still grow, mostly roots. @Bunnymalo

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @Wannabe @PremiumBudzBlondie how often to water my 1week old seedling? Also how much water? And when do I start adding more water?

Just enough to keep the soil moist. Not saturated. @Bunnymalo

2 Likes

I just noticed a tiny black bug on my plant. Should I be worried? I have her on soil in a solo cup with a tiny small portion of OF and the rest filled with Happy Frog. RO water is been poured once it starts to look dry @Covertgrower @Wannabe @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Pictures will help you figure the bug out. If you can.

4 Likes

Yup, need to figure out what kind of bug it is so you can take appropriate treatment measures.

2 Likes

Definitely need pics

2 Likes

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take pics but I guess if I come across next time I’ll snap a pic. Thanks guys

2 Likes

@Wannabe @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @repins12 how do you know when a seedling become a veg? Also how much to water if my plant has three set of leaves? Should I transfer from solo cup to 5g now?