Need Help. First time grow IL

Sounds good! Thanks! When you transplanted, did you just keep them in the pots, or did you take them out? When I read about them, they said you can just plant the whole thing into bigger pots and water a good amount and they will disintegrate

Ithat was my intention however when the time came I used a jiffy pot as a template in the new pot. I then watered her good, cut down the sides of the jiffy pot with a scissor and scooped it out and into the new pot.

My plant did not slow down at all (no transplant shock) though I did water in the soil good with super thrive added to the pH water.

1 Like

How are they looking guys?

2 Likes

They look great

2 Likes

Thanks man. I got my dr. Meter in today, and the soil po is testing at 6.5. I think everything going good. I possibly may have over watered a few times, so now I’m kind of letting the dry, stretch out the roots and watering again

1 Like

Well your doing a great job and looks like you got it under control :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Late to the show, but welcome. I see you are already getting good help, but I noticed something I wanted to ask @Majiktoker about for clarification…

I know it’s coco based, but with all the other ingredients, is it now treated as a soil grow when adjusting the pH?

If not then we need to get that pH down more.

@Loverboytony Charts and graphs look these over for some info that will help.

:imp: Starting to feel like a promoter for that topic today :wink:

2 Likes

I actually follow that thread already. I haven’t opened the bag yet, but right now for my seedling soil, the ph is 6.5, same as my water. Once I make the switch to bigger pots I’ll let you know what the starting ph is, and how it takes to adjusting. Thanks for your input and the awesome suggestion!

You’re welcome. Normally I would have just responded with a like, but I’m out for the next 7hrs. :rage:

Will be following along…

1 Like

Hey do you guys still need help or an opinion @FloridaSon

Yes, please. Is that mix to be considered soil or coco when it comes to pH?

Being coco fiber based with all the materials or just in general when you see coco fiber based or any thing with coco or sphagnum moss (peat moss) its is usually going to be soilless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Brother! I just wanted to be clear on that because of all the additives in the mix. So when he pots up in that soil, he will need to adjust to hydro pH levels.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what will those levels do with the soil that he started them in? Will it cause problems having different mediums in the same pot?

1 Like

If the medium is only around the root base than it shouldnt but id find a happy number in between at like 6.1 so it doesn’t hurt any thing, and it would be on the verge of bothe soil and hydro ph

4 Likes

@Majiktoker @FloridaSon I just checked on the soil/coco. It does Sean more soil based than a coco fiber. It base ph is 6.5, I just checked with my dr. Meter. Still think once I transplant, to drop the ph a bit?

Also my girls seem sad today. Leaves look like their going down. I’ve been fully watering like every two days, but my meter seams to always say dry. Am I not watering enough? Or is this normal for the first set of leaves?

I mist like 2/3 times a day to keep the humidity up. Not the actual plant. I read a lot about over and under watering. I hope I didn’t fall into the one mistake I didn’t wanna make lol

If its more soil base no, no need to drop the ph any more leave it right where its at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d say ditch the meter and check moisture with your finger. Only you can figure out soil moisture content.

If you’re watering fully, they shouldn’t be dry. Majiktoker would have better advice about watering. I don’t trust those peat pots anymore and would hate to tell you the wrong thing. I don’t have good luck with those.

Will be around…

1 Like

I agree with your advise @FloridaSon, you could also use “pot lifting” teqnique, such as lift the pot if it feels really light than she is ready for water if she is heavy she is fine.

Another way of doing so is to fill another pot the same size with no plant and same amount of soil you can water each one and use the empty pot as a gauge for the pot with the plant in it

4 Likes