Need advice: Leaf discoloration

This is my 2.5 week old seedling! I’ve noticed discoloration on the leaves and on the one of tips of the leaves. Using FFOF soil. I did my last grow in this type of soil and had no issues. I thought maybe it’s potassium deficiency but can’t be too sure. Leaves around edges slightly yellowing with some a few spots on the leaves (yellowish brown). Last grow I never fed nutes until she’s was flowering pretty much. This plant was also transplanted from a peat cup to a 1 gallon pot. Had my light up to level 2 setting (second to lowest) but turned it back down to its lowest setting instead as I maybe thought it was light stress.

3 Likes

Great airflow, 70-75F in the tent, 70-75% humidity as well.

3 Likes

I would double check your water PH.

1 Like

Weird! I did ph water measuring it 6.3PH before I ever applied the water. Been using the same ph water awhile since she sprouted. Maybe I’ll just dump the water out and do a fresh round of ph water instead.

1 Like

I always PH my (fresh) water before each watering feeding. Once you let your nute water or even just water for that matter sit, the PH goes haywire. Once done watering I would DISCARD water that wasn’t used. Always start with fresh water. Whether you have to aerate tap water for a 24 hours or use RO or what have you. Always always use fresh water that has been PPM’d and PH’d. That’s my two cents buddy. Hope this helps

5 Likes

This would explain a lot honestly as my plant shouldn’t need any nutes for awhile especially with the soil I am using. I’ll give her a clean PH flush hopefully it’ll fix the problem!

With your ocean forest soil plant will be good for about 6 weeks without feeding. Also a good practice to water in a 6 inch circular pattern away from the plant , let those roots go searching for water. Overall play looks good happy growing .
:v::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! And very good to know! I need those roots to stretch so when I transplant her one last time, should be fairly easy to transplant. Don’t think I’m gonna do transplanting again though because last time I didn’t and I really didn’t run into hardly issues! But definitely had let my water I mixed with oh sit for too long which makes sense why it’s discoloring. Live and learn and catch it early! When I took my plant out after harvest, the root system looked amazing on my plant. I did notice it sticking to the fabric pot though.

3 Likes

Love the Fabric pots much more forgiven. New growth on your plant looks fine see no problem with it. PH water at 6.5 an be Careful to not over water. Good luck

3 Likes

Fabric pots ftw! Thanks!!

1 Like

Fortunate Hindsight learning can teach “always measure PH before applying any hydration to grow”.
And have secondary PH measuring source for verification. Painfully, these lessons almost destroyed my grow and made them embarassingly ugly (hence limited pictures). Good growing to you.
Apera 20 or better. @Jonesy287 and @kellydans has said it right!

4 Likes

Yeah normally I always use fresh water as it is! It was something I didn’t pay attention to. I just ran some fresh ph’ed water in her soil after it dried up a bit. Hoping this’ll fix the issue. I definitely don’t want to mess these plants up since I really don’t feel like getting more seeds :joy:

1 Like

Here’s the one I have. Buy once, cry once. That’s my motto. Haven’t had any issues with this one at all. If you don’t have a tds meter already, they make a combo with EC/TDS/PH pen.

I’ve been using this TDS meter and haven’t had any issues whatsoever with it. I think I paid $60-$70 for both.

1 Like

I have the second one you put a pic up of. I usually normally do ph before I hydrate my plants. Problem is, instead of using new ph’d water I used water that was sitting in my sprayer for two weeks so the ph went crazy from when I checke.

1 Like

When you water don’t water so close to the stem base. Do like right outside the leaf spread so you make them roots search for water and stretch out. They look great buddy. Just get your water on point. Should be able to start a light feeding regiment in the next week or so. Can’t remember what nutes you’re using, my apologies

1 Like

Okay. I would look into the apera. PH can make or break a grow. One of the reasons my last plant was a “baby”

2 Likes

The apera PH meter will be a great choice .

2 Likes

What’s great is she’s definitely still growing along. I think my last grow I had my Ph off quite a bit which leaves me to believe why a lot my plants leaves started yellowing too early. So I’ll probably address that better this time but buying the other you recommended. Hoping a few waterings will bring her back to normal leaves. Luckily she’s got a lot of vegging to do!

I haven’t really decided on my nutes yet. I’m growing in fox farm ocean floor soil so trying to lay off nutes much as possible till flowering. I also have organic liquid bone meal. Flowering I plan on using organic backtrap molasses. I am also trying to stay away from chemical nutes. I’m not a fan.

1 Like

Being new grower jacks 3,2,1 helped me and it’s cheap. Goes a long way! eBay you get it for like $30 for all of it. I know people that have had issues with FF because of it being so hot. I grow in coco and perlite. Way more control of nutes and water. Takes the guess work out. Simple regiment to follow. I needed simple and I’ll be sticking with this. Look at tribus and great white as well bro. I’m not trying to sell you or tell you what to do. This is what has worked for me and it is so simple!! I’ll help anyway I can. I’m following along your grow. Doing great brother. You got this!

Are you in Acapulco?!