Need a new strain to try

Hey guys, with the upcoming sales coming for 420 (hoping), trying to decide on a new strain. For some of you i know, u have tried quite a few different strains. Trying to stay with the ilgm seeds . Think im narrowed down to either runtz, or grand daddy purple. Ive heard that the runtz has produced smaller buds but wanted to get the opinion from you guys. Overall weight is nice but leaning more to flavor as the focal point. Being said what has been your best terp and flavor strain…im sure everyone’s taste is different, but like to hear others opinions!

1 Like

GDP has always been one of my favorites good for before bed smoke

4 Likes

How was the taste? Standard or distinct?

GDP is one of the best tasting…hardest hitting…and best yielding of the 15 ILGM strains I’ve grown @Poseidon1

5 Likes

Solid answer and i love it. But what was your favorite if i may ask? @OldSkunk

1 Like

So far from 5 different breeders…GDP for taste. Animal Cookies or LSD for the high @Poseidon1 . GDP just hits all the categories…especially the yields. You can get 1/2lb without doing any of this

just minor canopy pruning

3 Likes

Thank you for your input brother. I was really hopeful for the runtz but in my limited research, it did not stick out as anything special. I have heard alot of good things about the gdp.

2 Likes

@Poseidon1 i have 3 GDPs in veg right now. Ive tied this heifer down, cropped her, topped her, and femmed her and still growing like a weed :rofl::rofl: this is my first go at GDP and so far its been rewarding. Cant wait to flip this bunch into flower. This is week 5 of veg

3 Likes

Runtz is awesome smoke but i got a pretty low yield and gdp is frosty with big trichs and is good for pain and sleep not to mention a nice buzz

2 Likes

Thank you @Medicineman33, was what i expected to hear. What was your yeild? I wish the numbers would reflect this info they provided. Thx for your input as well @ChittyChittyBangin

I will be ordrering gdp today after work boys. Thanks alot for helping me choose.

1 Like

Out of a 20 pack of seeds final yield was 7 1/2 oz naturally grown with lst and scrog

1 Like

Omg. Im used to harvesting 6-8 oz a plant. Thx for your input grow bro. Runtz is off the list. I have heard alot of small harvest for the runtz.

Ya my dude at that site was freakin to tell me cause hes used to getting 3/4 to a pound on that type of grow

1 Like

Best weed ive tried in about a year though

1 Like

Godfather OG

3 Likes

@Poseidon1 I must agree with @OldSkunk GDP one of mybfavorite strains easy to grow great flavor, great taste and good yields with little effort

1 Like

Im actually getting ready to drop a brand new strain called future#1 got it from expert seed bank looked for it on ilgm couldnt find it, it boast 37-39% thc levels with a fruity flavor as soon as i finish up my new rdwc system its going in along with Don Carlos i picked up from the OKC cannacon last weekend from humbolt seeds

1 Like

Ray Charles is the best I’ve had in a long time.

1 Like

I’m growing 3 of their strains right now 2 photos and 1 auto. The plants look good but they’re not as sticky as ilgm, the seed fair and pacific seed bank for some reason

2 Likes