Need a new driver

Ive had some nice audio over the years. My current system makes me studder.

1 Like

Pioneer , hands down killed the game in the 70’s. The whole SX line can’t be touched.
Nothing beats this legend here.

3 Likes

Sx1980🤙

1 Like

I like big bass, 4 10" drivers do the job.a couple of my collection.

2 Likes

Dynakit stereo 70?

1 Like

Dynoco st70 yep! Actually this one has a serial # on it so it was factory bilt. Rare bird. Nice old pair of JBL 4311 B’s and my favorite A.D.S. L1590 Still have one of these old things hanging around. 2265B

4 Likes

You guys have some nice gear.

You may get lucky. I happened to order a driver that was back ordered.

1 Like

I love seeing these @Audiofreak @The_Chef ! Please start a topic in members lounge > off topic so this thread doesn’t get buried.

1 Like

This isn’t the driver you want to run three 288 boards. If that is indeed what you’re looking to do, you want hlg-320h-c1750

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Brock at HLG recommended that one. I should had asked why recommend it over what comes with the 320 kit,I guess. I dont know anything when it comes to drivers. I dont even know what the A & B stand for.

The A’s have an onborard potentiometer that you can adjust voltage and current (dimmer). The B’s have wires available for you to wire in a dimmer.

1 Like

Thanks,you wouldn’t happen to know what the difference between the 1750b and the 1050ab is would you? Digi has the 1750b that I could get.

It won’t be too much of at most u’ll be able to run the light at less power making the light last a longer lifetime. Too much light is a good thing as long as u can control the power outages it puts out.

1 Like

Bout 15 years ago or so I had a radio just like this hooked up in my bedroom to a car radio amp and speakers. My room was the truck of a Cadillac escalade lol. Shit pounded like a mother. Had 3 10 inch super pro super blue subs 2500w each 3x 300w old school jensen amps the good ones that pounded hard asf

The significance between 1750 and 1050 is the dc output current, 1750ma vs 1050ma. Each board has forward voltage of roughly 56vdc. So running 3 boards on 1050ma driver would have each board running at roughly 55-60 watts board. Running 3 288 boards on 1750ma driver would have each board running at roughly 100 watts per board. Product code ending in A means it has built in dimming pot. Product code ending in B means driver has external dimming leads and you would beed to wire in your own dimmer. Product code ending in AB means the driver has both and you can use either or both.

I think the hlg rep probably misunderstood you or maybe just made a mistake. If you wanted to d9 4-5 boards on single driver the hlg-320h-c1050 would ve better choice. But 3 288 boards on single driver the hlg-320h-c1750 is prettu much a slam dunk.

Digikey has hlg-320h-c1750a in stock. As long as it only having built in dimmer isn’t a deal breaker that’s the one i would use.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 Hey man,thanks for all the info on drivers. Greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

No problem! If you find led gardener on YouTube he has a few videos on meanwell drivers that are pretty good.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I checked his videos out,they had lots of good info. I placed an order with TRC for a C1750AB last Thursday and they called me today saying it will be shipped in 2 to 4 weeks. So I had them just to cancel the order.
I ended up ordering a C1750B from Digi this afternoon.

2 Likes

@Audiofreak you should checkout LED Gardener also. He has a video comparing the 260 & 320.

1 Like