My Gummies - I did the trial and error, you reap the rewards!

We’re all thinking it :joy:

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful here in Cali right now! Its great sleeping weather. Down to 39 last night but high of 73 today. Just warming up enough at night to put my praying mantis eggs outside.

5 Likes

@Caligurl can i make your sticky stuff ( qwet) by making dabs? ( diy heat press ) to make gummies .

1 Like

This looks promising and yummy at the same time. Thank you for sharing the recipe. How High can this get me? like how many gummies should I take for this to kick in?

3 Likes

It all really depends on the medicine you put in. If you can quantify the amount of active ingredients you are adding you can divide by the number of gummies you produce. After that it depends on your tolerance as to how high they will get you.

4 Likes

My least favorite part of the process. Got 9.5 oz out of two gelato autos even after tapping out on any small bud and just throwing it in the larf pile.

And now the cheese auto that was coming up after them is already about ready to dry. So trim jail incoming again.

20220501_20_47_48
20220501_20_48_24

6 Likes

Sure, you’ll might need to liquify the rosin but I’m not sure. I was actually going to try that too! Let me know how it works before I in-bury my press LOL

3 Likes

Lmao i dont have a press, was wondering if that was the way to go? Or save up and get that other thingy lol, cant think of it lol

1 Like

9.5 ounces wow thats great!!! I hope i can get that this time.

1 Like

Its seams like the same stuff, just read put it on a tray in the oven to activate it

1 Like

Yeah, I cook it just until the bubbles stop… no longer

1 Like

@Caligurl is there an easier way to strain the weed outta the coconut oil… im losing a half a cup every time & this last batch im gonna melt again, something doesnt look right… wasnt as clear golden as the other 2. I used a gram of keif i think, maybe thats to stupid fine and goes right thru… idk lol

1 Like

Hmmmm… not sure. I don’t think the oil would go through a coffee filter. I would try food grade cheesecloth… actually used for making cheese, not the hardware stuff. I got mine on Amazon

1 Like

I did, mine arrived yesterday. Hopefully they will make the difference, i also read if your using the cheesecloths to pre - wet, with water , oil, or alcohol. Havent tried that yet either, i think i only have one more plant trim to play with, then i gotta wait for this next group to flower and dry.

2 Likes

It should. I use a coffee filter when I’m in a pinch for all sorts of cooking. It is a bit messy. The best way to avoid it taking forever and making a mess is to poke tiny holes in the filter with a small sewing needle or thumbtack etc. helps the oil strain better and needle holes are usually small enough to leave behind all the trim bits.

2 Likes

Is this online chart good? I HAVE 6 grams of oil we made and I want to make gummies my 1st batch weak 2nd batch disater. So my math is bad i have molds for 70 And i dont want to waste oil . Or weed have about 2 oz weed

1 Like

2 oz of good weed could make up to 12-15 g of concentrate. Each g packing 750mg of thc! T hats a minimum of 9,000mg. I don’t know about oil because I don’t use it so not sure what the saturation point is. An online calculator should work.

Anyway, 2oz of bud, in my QWET world would make 70 gummies that are over 125mg thc! That’s strong! I make mine 40mg max

2 Likes

I can’t wait til i can make qwet, the oil is difficult to figure out the accuracy :weary: :tired_face:. But i only know how to use this recipe, it doesnt use qwet. It uses oil … my gog oil in my 1st try used 1/2 cup oil to the recipe above. Ended up making 68 animals with 11.03mg per piece ( molds hold 4ml ) 34 animals per mold. Problem == = when u increase the oil to increase the potency, it increases the per pieces, which ends up not increasing potency lmao !!! Its a catch 22… hope someone else has the answer :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

@Caligurl hi, can you make the gummy recipe above with your qwet stuff? Or do you need to add some other kind of liquid because your not using the 1/2 cup of oil ??

1 Like

I use this calculator online for the oil