My Gummies - I did the trial and error, you reap the rewards!

@Caligurl sorry, i dont understand your question, ( What re open did you use? )

1 Like

I used this calculator

2 Likes

Dang auto correct LOL that should have said what recipe did you useā€¦

2 Likes

A lot of the ones you get in dispensary are actually sprayed with the extract. Thatā€™s why they taste horrible. First the concentrate still has to be ā€˜spray aleā€™ so it still has whatever solvent they used to extract itā€¦then the first taste in your tongue because itā€™s just sprayed is the concentrate. Yuk! Everyone loves my gummies because they taste 1 million times better than the dispoā€™s stuff.

3 Likes

@Caligurl , lol to answer your (auto correct) questionā€¦ i used this recipe above, @HobbyDobby it didnt show how many servingsā€¦ went on the internet to other recipes and took a guess ( got lucky it was close :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile: ) now i forget the question :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face: :rofl: but i would like to try your chocolate recipe, gonna take me hours to figure out how to dose it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: with my oil

1 Like

Thats great to know!! Thanks :blush:, ive only had a few gummies from friendsā€¦ didnt know that was how the stores did it, sounds yucky lol

1 Like

@JaneQP this is it let me know if i got you here or not lol.

1 Like

@JaneQP go up to 1st page

2 Likes

how did the gummies turn out?

1 Like

Gummies turned out fantastic , doing @HobbyDobby recipe, i use a coconut oilā€¦ friends love it, only complaint im getting is, the strength isnt high enough for them lolā€¦ the recipe ends up making more then i guess which makes thc go down per piece lol. ā€¦ , must have something to do with blooming the gelatin, cause thats the only factor that changes, sometimes it sits 5 minutes sometimes 20ā€¦ idk. Just guessing. Or it my 1/2 cup oil im using . Still trying to figure it outā€¦ gonna do a batch tomorrow :crazy_face: :hugs: see how that goes lol. Gonna follow the 1st batch and see if i get the same number lol

3 Likes

The gelatin bloom wonā€™t give a difference in amount

1 Like

How do you determine thc levels for dosing? Iā€™ve only had modern edibles-gummies- a few times. My history with edibles is old school friend who brought me brownies every year for my Mardi Gras party. He baked the grass right in them.Lol Of course, me + brownies = I ate too many & was still high the next morning! I did infuse some kick butt oil using MCT oil bc it has no flavor. Not knowing strength, the 1st 2 times taking it, I made it to my kitchen & then couldnā€™t walk. 1st time, I sat down on the floor & next thing I know, I woke up on the floor! The 2nd time, I sat down on a dish towel & inched my butt to my bed but I could climb onto the bed from my hands & knees. Iā€™d get soooo close, fall back off. If only weā€™d made a video!! Was a wild ride for sure :joy:

2 Likes

Well im stumped :laughing: 1st batch made 68 2nd batch made 80 :rofl: same recipeā€¦ im gonna do the exact same one as the 1st and see what happens today lol. Just gonna increase the oil from from 10tsp to 24tsp. Which will bring the potency up to 26.47 mg per pieceā€¦ QUESTION?? IS that to high per gummy??

Thank god for this online calculator form :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Ugggg :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :cry: :thinking::thinking::sob::triumph: welll darn it. It didnt make 68 !!!@!@!@! It made 84. I completely do not understand how to get the correct numberā€¦ thc was supposed to be 26.47mg per piece, now at 84 pieces its 10.71mg per piece ( at least roughly) :laughing:

4 Likes

Well i did another batch with blueberry :yum: :blue_heart: and it was the same 83 pieces. Feeling a little better lol :laughing: :relieved:

So i think i have those boxes and molds figured out, now to figure out the mini molds and wormys lol how fun :grinning: :smile:

7 Likes

Hope you dont mind @HobbyDobby that i keep putting my gummy adventures on your threadā€¦ just figured its all your recipe, so keep em in 1 spot lol :laughing:

3 Likes

I love it! Iā€™m in trim jail this weekend with a couple of gelatos and looking forward to making a few batches with the larf myself.

6 Likes

Cool, lol, i cant wait to be in trim jail again lol

1 Like

I dunnoā€¦ I get a few more if I donā€™t fill them all the way but not 16 LOL

2 Likes

Now thatā€™s little twisted LOL!!! I could let you come help me out if you really want to :rofl:

2 Likes