My First Growth Journal

An old saying …
Divide and conquer haha haha
That sucker was hard to keep track of…soo much life in them there teas!

1 Like

Wait…what…

Making some LAB as I post this…looking forward to adding to the critter farm.

Looks like my Pinapple is ripe for the pickin…
Gonna flush and then chop in 3-4 days

Honey is about 4 days out so will flush her too.

Waikiki is another week or two away

Better put my LAB coat back on and drain the rice wash and cover it and wait 3 or so days for that sweet smell and then the next step.

HAGD

2 Likes

More good info…

2 Likes

Here are my next round of ladies up and coming. I took them into the flower tent to visit their relatives and to start acclimating them to the HLG 600H light and to do some initial LST training and they all did great. With the cloth pots it was easy to use the Velcro I have for tying off branches!
Last pic is them back in their closet for the night.

Thanks for tuning in and HAGD

3 Likes

Hello all here are some updates to my senior citizens and some pics of buds and my next gen ladies as well as my LAB project.

Below is the seniors. Also shows the hand held liquid pumps I bought for transferring my RO from bucket to 1 gallon containers for use as well as directly watering plants from buckets and any other needed liquid use such as tea mixes etc. I had never bought anything before from those “as seen on TV ads but this one struck a chord when I as the commercial so I ordered it and yes I paid the additional cost to get a second one so for about $28 I got 2 pumps and use one for just water and the other one for teas and sucking out any run off from saucers. I gotta say they are just awesome to use and have made things much easier and they are fast. Took a little getting used to when watering plants toggling on/off quickly and such but wow do they work great!

This is the pineapple from Tuesday evening just before I put her into 48 hours dark before harvesting on Friday.

This is Honey (White Widow X) which is still under lighting and is just behind the pineapple but I think needs a bit more time before harvest.

Here the the Waikiki Queen and I think she has another couple weeks before being ready to harvest.

The pics of the buds aren’t the best but if anyone has thoughts on the readiness of the ladies I’m all ears. The bid pics are ordered from top (highest on plants) to last being lowest buds on plants as they seem to ripen first at tops and move down from there so been checking them at different levels to have an average for ripeness.

And then there were 2

The third one is sitting outside the tent in the dark…

And then there were 10

A family get together meet and greet before the seniors pass on to my better world …lol

The little ones are fast outgrowing their home in the 2x7’ closet and I hope The Waikiki finishes soon enough not to cause a problem with the littles as I haven’t acquired a second tent yet for them figuring wouldn’t be needed until future cycle coming up next.

Here is my LAB from this morning it is ready I just need to scoop out the curds and strain reamaining for they whey (LAB) for use. Not sure yet if I’ll keep curds to make some cheese or not.

Here are my maters and pepper seedling for outside. I also used mosquito bits BTi on these as well when I planted so the fungus gnats would be controlled from the start! All have sprouted except the cherry maters. I think the seeds must be faulty so will try other source as 0/6 not a good result.

4 Likes

LAB all finished and ready for the fridge

2 Likes

Harvesting/Trimming up the Pinapple express today.
Will update later with pics and wet weight from her.

1 Like

Well I finished up wet trimming the pineapple and here are the pics of the harvest.

Warmer weather is on its way as this is a good sign in my yard!

Well here are the final pics with wet trim weight before putting them in the WeDryer.

Will update dry weight in around 5-7 days before putting in jars for the cure.

5 Likes

Here is her rootball
Not as bad as I had thought it would be but then again I don’t have a baseline but now I do…lol

She was an easy pull out of the clay pot.
If I had known how freakin easy that would have been I would have potted her up 2 months ago lol…
The bottom pic reflects my drilling an additional 4 1/2” holes into the bottoms of the clay pots for better airflow and drainage and boy did they drain so much better after I had done that

5 Likes

Sick! Beautiful harvest. @Skydiver

Thanks @AAA

Something interesting that I found and makes complete sense to me.
I watered both the WWX (still growing) and the Pinapple (harvested) and both were watered the same amount but now the live WWX needs more water and I tested both that and the soil from the Pinapple and found the WWX is very dry and the Pinapple shows still middle range wet so the harvest took place after she had been in darkness for 2 days and was subdued lighting when harvesting so the water and nutes were still in the soil and is why there is still plenty of moisture in the roots of the harvested plant…good to know/understand for future!

Some updates to my first grow.
I had taken some picks of the rootball after taking a piece of the pie out to better see layers and root structure etc.

Haven’t broken it open any further yet but will before the recycle bin.

Here are the littles visiting their relatives before they lose their Aunt Honey tomorrow. They have been growing in the closet under T5 lighting. Waiting for Waikiki to ripen so I can pot the littles up and move them to the big top. I’m thinking another week for her. Maybe longer. If needed I can move her to the closet to finish and repot the littles from the 1 gallons to the 7 gallons as they are quickly outgrowing pots and closet.

Here is Honey just before lights out for 48 hours

Will be harvesting her tomorrow and will update on wet weight which I’m guessing will be slightly higher than the Pineapple was.

This is an interesting way to help decide if your plant is ripe for the picking in addition to the Trichomes

And then there was one…

Finished the dry on the Pineapple Express from last weeks harvest and removed the small stems that were still on the buds and ended up with just over 80 grams and I put them in canning jars with Boveda 62% and burping them a couple times a day to allow off gassing etc.

FYI I used the WeDryer and it worked well. A little smell but only when opening the closet where it was hung. Do to my being new to all this there were smaller buds on smaller stems that dried quicker than the larger buds with larger stems and that makes sense. When loading the WeDryer I had them sorted by size so the smaller was kinda too dry but the bugs were just right. I like the unit as it’s pretty simple to use. Will be filling it up again tomorrow for honey.
For not being cured what I have sampled is nice and smooth.

Seems to be a daytime flavor which is good as that was one of my goals. Hoping honey will be my relax and sleep solution and will know that in about 7-10 days.

3 Likes

Well I am about to harvest and wet trim Honey (white widow) today and will follow up with wet trim weight and in about 5-7 days the dry trim weight.

Also I ordered this item to see if it would work with my temperature probe on my Bayite heat/cooling controller and hooked it to the temp probe and it worked just fine so will be able to situate the controller wherever is best without worrying about distance etc. I didn’t notice any difference in temp reading with/without extension cable due to possible wire length and resistance issue. This will also hopefully work with the inkbird itc 608 temp/humidity controller too on both temp and humidity probes. I will update test once I receive that device. I also needed the extension for sound out from PC to TV anyway and it was low cost for 10 foot extension.

3 Likes

Beautiful! Is this your first harvest? Will you be washing your buds before drying?

@AAA thank you
Yes is my first harvest. I harvested one last week that was ready then and have one more that should be ripe in another week.
As far as washing my buds I’m not sure what that would do to “help” with the harvest? I did not do that last week. I just wet trimmed flowers and left them on stems to dry using the WeDryer and now have them curing in jars.
I’m all ears on washing buds…always willing to learn new things.

Thanks again

Started trimming
Buds seem really dense
Sticky sweet!

Should have a final wet weight in a couple hours and will post them then.

2 Likes

Well I finished the trim and the buds are in the WeDryer.
Ended up with 452g wet trim weight although there are stems with buds as it seems easier to handle that way and possible benefit of good stuff still going into buds from branches while drying?
Put the leaf/lard in the freezer until last one is harvested and then will make some MmmmmmButter etc.

Residue from the scissors…
Pinch between my cheek and gum…yum

3 Likes

As you are indoor, I’m sure it’s not as crucial.

The question that is normally asked is: Do you wash your vegtables before eating?

YouTube Jorge Cervantes washing your harvest. It’s interesting.

I’m just now back in the growing scene after 25ish years, and only recently heard of it.

And…congrats!!! Stoked for you