My first grow. Girl scout Cookie extreme

@AfgVet, how long did you veg your GSC for?

You may want to defoliate those fan leaves n get some light into that plant :grin::+1::+1: @Eagergrower

I let mine veg about a month and a half. Once I flipped they stretched like crazy

2 Likes

About that: how much can I take off before I start to stunt the plant?

I have been removing some but between topping and LST I just didnt want to stress them out…

Thanks for the advice!

Question about your GSC. The last time I grew it they developed quite an odor, even in veg. It was a good odor (an earthy mint,) but it was strong enough I had to take steps to mitigate it from visitors and nosy neighbors. Are you having the same experience?

1 Like

I have been in veg mode for about 40 days now. I didnt realize they would stretch so much in flower, my tent is only about 4x4x7, would it be wise to switch sooner than later to make sure I have enough room?

2 Likes

Yeah I cant believe how much they smell already. I’m on day 40 of veg and I’m thinking about getting a carbon filter !

3 Likes

Mine would stink up the whole house if I moved the plants much (e.g. to the bathtub for a flush.)

I liked the smell. Better than having an essential oil diffuser around the house, but I sure didn’t want anyone coming by when they were releasing odor. It smelled like a freaking dispensary here.

1 Like

Mmm sounds delicious…
Plants are lookin good. :v:

1 Like

I cant wait until they’re flowering :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Hi thank you ! :v:I am excited to say the least

1 Like

@Eagergrower, trim the lowest ones and any top ones covering bud sites.
I have 3 carbon filters

Okay will do. Thanks !

Also, I was planning on switching my lights to 12/12 on day 59, but they are growing very fast, i am currently on day 40 but my area is not all that big, should I switch the lights a little earlier to make sure I have plenty of time and space or will I be sacrificing too much veg time ?

1 Like

It’s all about managing your space and allowing for the stretch. Veg Time 4 to 7 weeks most people.

1 Like

I personally Veg for months. But I wouldn’t recommend how I grow as I do the opposite of almost every grower out here. No pH…no run off…I don’t even use my TDS meter. I don’t trim my plants much and when I do it’s just fan leaves. I grow monster plants indoors with great success. I’ve dialed in my system through trial and error. It’s now a well oiled machine. :+1:

3 Likes

@Eagergrower it looks like you’ve still got a bit of room left. Just remember they continue to veg for at least another full week after the light change as it takes time for the transition to occur. Then week2-4 approx. they will stretch. Weeks 4-7 they will form up some buds weeks 8-10 they will dense up.
Again all approximate times based on strains but it’s an average.
The important thing is are your stems strong enough for the weight of the Budd. You can always trim it back to fit your grow. It can be a real pain running stings from your tent roof to your buds to hold them up. But it’s an option.

Don’t stress too much, plants look good. Don’t over think it. If you feel it’s right then it’s what’s right for you. :+1:

I would or you just might run out of room if you’re not training them in anyway

1 Like

Okay thank you! I appreciate the advice !

Finally going to switch go flowering tomorrow!

6 Likes