Music Trivia with Patch/ Name that Tune!

KAPTAIN3D IS THE WINNER TODAY!!!AfgVet gets a partial win for knowing the name of the song. Way to go you two!! And Kap mentioned my first Genesis album-Abacab. CJ I will agree to disagree with you on the cringiest video. There are many songs and videos that are worse than that. Song and video are terrible for Come on Aileen. Any Duran Duran song goes right in there too
I will have another tomorrow! Peace…

4 Likes

Yeah but u dont want a partial?? Right??

1 Like

Ahhhhh cmaaan - who didn’t dig this at one point or another, the vid is just too 80s to hate on!

1 Like

If you do, please be sure to record it and share with the group :joy:

1 Like

Sorry Patchy, I didn’t mean to offend you :pleading_face:

I can honestly say I’ve never seen either of those videos, but I totally agree with you, I cannot stand that ‘Come on Eileen’ song either… ugh… :expressionless:

Looking forward to tomorrow’s song! :grin::grin:

I saw that show, when they came in Montréal, back in December 1981…

2 Likes

Was that a question for me? I’m just asking for the title of the song and who performed/recorded it. So if you dont want someone to steal your thunder, I wouldn’t post anything that might give someone else a chance to steal it from you. And @Green707Thumb, Duran Duran was a group the preppies listened to, so it sucked just like they did. If you weren’t with them you were nobody in my high school. That was ok, we had a tremendous amount of fun. I took auto body repair and they bussed us to a different school for that. Our instructor was already off the deep end. Crazy as a loon. We figured we would help him one day because he seemed agitated. But a little broken up bud in his pipe put an end to that! He was seeing elephant ears that day. It was TOO funny!!! He never knew. I have the song for tomorrow already picked to go. Its gonna rain here, so no distractions. Have a good one- peace…

3 Likes

Well ok - yea Rio, like most 80s music technically, was released before I was born so I just take the song/vid at face value✌🏼

2 Likes

I was high when I asked that. I think it had something to do with boners so just disregard! Lol

1 Like

Miss Universe-
“Yeah, you dont want a partial?? Right??”
And you think this has to do with bones? So, were you ordering someone a boner? I dont know that many women who would like a partial. But I have never taken a formal tally on the matter. I will be ending now on that particular subject.
@CalamityJane you have never offended me. We cool.
Peace…

3 Likes

Seemed like a pretty lighthearted comment aimed toward @AfgVet imho

Who’s getting singled out next? Supposed to be fun?

i pick we single out The Captain and Tonelle.! i am pretty sure Muskrat Lpve had to be the worst song that ever came out of the generation that had my favorite music. it really aggravates me that i probably know all the words to it. i hated it then, i hate it now, and i will probably hate it forever.how could you listen to lynyrd skynyrd and then that?

1 Like

I was joking around and I apologize if something I said offended anyone. That bums me out. Here’s today’s song. Good luck everybody.
“Maria came from Nashville,
with a suitcase in her hand,
She said she’d like to meet,
A boy who looks like elvis…”

3 Likes

Common gang! A 1993 song from a bunch of bird loving guys… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Counting Crows - Around Here

2 Likes
2 Likes

EMGOLDSLO IS THE WINNER TODAY!!! The lyrics were from the song “Round Here” by the Counting Crows. The album it came from is “August and Everything After” which came out in 1993. “Round Here” was the second hit off their breakthrough album. The first hit was “Mr. Jones.” I will have another song on Thanksgiving. Have a good day everyone. Peace…

3 Likes

Sheesh my ‘likes’ ration is all off - starting out with none sucks salty :peanuts:s

All good @patchman you run a fun lil thread here - we all bound to say or post silly things and that’s part of the fun :call_me_hand:t4: :call_me_hand:t4:

btw i would have had approximately zero chance of getting today’s song - nice one @emgoldslo

3 Likes

I’m throwing caution in to the wind

2 Likes

its all fluff patchman. nothing bad. you rock!

1 Like