Music Trivia with Patch/ Name that Tune!

We have done that song already Kaptain- but it’s still a great song! What group was Randy Bachman in before B.T.O.?
Ok- time for our song today. Good luck!!!

“You say I only hear what I want to,
You say I talk so all the time so,
And I thought what I felt was simple,
And I thought that I dont belong,
And now that I am leaving,
Now I know that I did something wrong…”

4 Likes

The Guess Who

4 Likes

Correct Kaptain!

3 Likes

Lisa Loeb - Stay, LOL wife was playing that last night

7 Likes

I’m sure I know this song but I don’t recognise the artist - did someone do a cover of it? :thinking:

4 Likes

she is on tv commercial now for car insurance

4 Likes

Had absolutely no clue…

1 Like

Congrats to Hellraiser!!! He knew the song today which was “Stay” by Lisa Loeb. Yes T, they are using her and the song for a Geico commercial. I chose this song for a couple of reasons. One, I like her voice. And the second reason is that Lisa Loeb is the first and only singer/songwriter in the history of modern music to have a #1 hit without even having a record contract!!! I don’t know if that will ever happen again. That is SO difficult!!! If any of us said they were gonna do that the rest of us would say stick to growing pot!!! The song was used in a movie or TV show, and that is how it became so popular. It was the right song at the right time. There has been nobody else on record that has covered this song CJ. What a story. And,
I had no idea that Hellraiser was lurking in the background! Pleasure to have you playing sir- congrats!! We will play again tomorrow. Peace…

6 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been lurking this thread for a bit and have known like 99% of the songs (some great song choices by the way) but always got beat to the answer - usually by @kaptain3d.

7 Likes

How are you feeling Trish?

5 Likes

as soon as i get over this crybaby phase i will start another grow. thank the lord for weed because i couldnt get thru this without it. on my way to pt

3 Likes

I hope you can get back to growing soon my favorite Killer GrandMa! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hey out there-
Time to name this tune. This one might be a little harder. Good luck!!!
“I’d like to see you but then again,
That doesn’t mean you mean
that much to me,
So if I call you dont make a fuss,
Don’t Tell your friends about the two of
us…”

4 Likes

Todd rungren?
Can’t think of the dang name

Nope I looked it up and I was wrong

3 Likes

10CC - I’m not in love, love that song.

7 Likes

Crap! I could hear it! Then I looked and @Hellraiser had it posted. Good job! Also good song, probably only 10CC song I really liked. Thanks Patch!

4 Likes

thanks kap. lots of time to try and plan a new room.

2 Likes

yay hellraiser!

3 Likes

Good job @Hellraiser
I too could hear it and that’s one of those songs I always attribute to the wrong artist and when I realize it’s not Todd Rungren and it’s 10cc I kick myself every time lol

5 Likes