Music Trivia with Patch/ Name that Tune!

Glad you’ve got the weed to help you out!!! Can’t wait till you’re growing again

3 Likes

Congrats once again to Hellraiser, as he knew those lyrics were from the song “Not in Love” by the group 10cc. Very good job sir! Just as Mr_Wormwood did, I figured somebody might know the title but not the song. Glad to see you playing Hellraiser and not lurking. T, I hate your’re still in pain. It’s zero fun to have chronic pain, and then you can’t do a lot of the things you want to. I am glad you feel well enough to let us know how you are doing. I just wish you felt better. That is going to do it for today. We will play again tomorrow. Peace to everyone, especially you Trish.

5 Likes

Hey everyone!
Time for another song for one of yall to name and say who did it. Good luck!!!
“I saw her standing in the corner,
A yellow ribbon in her hair,
I couldn’t stop myself from shoutin’,
Look a there look a there,
Look a there look a there…”

4 Likes
5 Likes

BAD COMPANY

The one and only BAD COMPANY lead by legendary frontman PAUL RODGERS, along with original band member SIMON KIRKE are one of the most acclaimed bands of the classic rock era. England’s BAD COMPANY has put its indelible stamp on rock music with a straight-ahead, no-frills musical approach that has resulted in the creation of some of the most timeless rock anthems ever!

Top Hits Include:

“FEEL LIKE MAKIN’ LOVE”
“CAN’T GET ENOUGH”
“RUNNIN’ WITH THE PACK”
“ROCK ‘N’ ROLL FANTASY”
“SHOOTING STAR”
“SEAGULL”
“HONEY CHILD”
“BURNIN’ SKY”
“MOVIN ON”
“YOUNG BLOOD”
“GOOD LOVIN’ GONE BAD”
“READY FOR LOVE”
“BAD COMPANY”
… and mor

6 Likes

TRISH IS OUR WINNER TODAY!! Bad Company and a few others have covered the song “Young Blood” which was originally done by the Coasters back in the 1950’s. She did such a good job describing everything that I have to ask everybody if you want Trish to do this for awhile! Very well done Trish!! Better watch it Trish, Charlie is going to get jealous of you and Paul!!!

6 Likes

Good job @pptrsha1! I should have known that one, but I didn’t have a clue. I’m more of a “name the band” guy than a lyric guy, usually can nail it after a few notes. With the old scratchy records and 8 track tapes that I grew up on, you couldn’t understand half of the lyrics anyway. I usually just sang along with what I thought I was hearing, only to find out later that I was wrong. Most of the time, really wrong. :flushed:

4 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

:joy: Yep, you nailed it!

4 Likes

“There’s a bathroom on the right”

We were hoping Frampton was saying
“I want to spank you” on the live cut of “Do You Feel Like I Do” - We even bs’d a few people and made them believe it was true,lol. “Oh yeah! You didn’t see it? It was in the August edition of guitar player magazine.” LMAO…

3 Likes

do you remember the rock opera Tommy? i saw it in 75. frampton

4 Likes

charlie knows i am true to him. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

i had this on 8track :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Tommy was awesome when it came out. And BTO, heck yeah baby.

have a magic day

4 Likes

Yep Trish, I remember. Elton John as the pinball wizard and Tina Turner as the acid queen. I was young when I first saw it. I remember it very clearly considering my age. I liked Pink Floyd. “The Wall,” and it came out at the right time. I worked at the theater where they were showing it. One night we had a “wall” party and it was great. I got permission to show it after the late show was over. There were about 40 of us. Admission was a pair of red eyes, lol. When I think about all the stuff we used to do I can’t believe we aren’t all in jail. It’s a different time now. Yep flyinghigh, BTO was one of my first albums. Good music, even if he is Canadian, lol!!! Good music, good movies, good people, good pot! Peace…

3 Likes

I literally stopped counting how many times I saw the wall at the midnight movies

It was over a hundred for sure. That was our weekend thing as a young teenager

2 Likes

Hey out there-
Man it’s a hot day today. It’s time once again to name this tune. Good luck!!
“Well I’ve heard lots of people say,
They’re gonna settle down,
You don’t see their faces,
And they don’t come around,
Well I’m not that way,
I got to move along…”

4 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd, “You Got That Right.”

5 Likes

Ontrack IS THE WINNER TODAY!! It took him all of a minute to chime in and tell me those lyrics were from “You Got That Right” by Lynyrd Skynyrd! Way to go! Just as Ontrack demonstrated, you have to be quick on some of these if you want to win. We will play again tomorrow. Adios muchachos! Peace…

3 Likes

Right place at the right time for once…

2 Likes