Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

Added 1.25ml of Calimagic to 1 gallon of distilled.

Brondo

1 Like

Aurora is hanging in there! She hasn’t moved too much but she looks fine and healthy:

Vida is looking cute as can be and she’s begging for a transplant! I have 1 gallon pots arriving today but am still on the fence about putting her in a 1 or a 5:

Aurora’s clone seems to be hanging in there too, no visible roots yet:

2 Likes

Meet my little humming bird! He/She joins me every morning while I have my coffee and type up my ILGM updates :hugs:

5 Likes

The more significant update this time goes to Vida, she got her transplant done! I chose to go into a 1 gallon pot for now:

Aurora is doing well and recovering from the cut, now she looks like two plants and not one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are serious about ‘for now’ a fabric pot might not be the best for transplanting again.

I can’t wait for my next ones so I can play too, looks like everything is peachy :slight_smile:

That’s a good point. Can’t just slide it out, but I won’t mind cutting it carefully. I honestly don’t think I will be transplanting. I also have a clone that seems to be a survivor so far. My original plan was a single in 5 gallon with SCROG. Then I realized that as a new grower I need a few backups in case I mess something up royally.

Hence the 1 gallon and the clone. Backup and then backup to the backup.

Aurora is doing well and responding positively to the first round of mainlining and is now growing two main shoots actively without much complaint. I think she got stunted all of 24 hours then said: “OK, time to go this way”.

Remote picture of how the tops are developing:

I will say it’s fun to play with the plant this way, but I’m wondering if a lower maintenance method is better for my lifestyle. Next cycle, I’ll likely just do x6 3 gallon pots and let them grow naturally, very short veg and pope’s into flower for an easy and quick yield.

But bonsai training is fun, I think you’ll enjoy it a lot!

2 Likes

Don’t fool yourself. You will care for the clone the same as the main plant, and have just as much concern when she shows issues :wink: So the gallon pot to limit size is probably a good idea.

1 Like

To be honest, the clone will likely end up a gift to a friend who has grow room right now. Assuming it roots out nicely.

I have an idea for my next grow to optimize for the following three variables:

• Low maintenance
  • Short cycle (quick to flower)
  • Good yield

The space is 20" x 36" just like your new veg tent, but for me, it’s both veg/flower room. I think if I put in x6 two gallon pots in with 6 seeds. No training, nothing, just six big colas and whatever side shoots come out of it.

4 seeds will be a 100% indica strain and the other 2 will be a 90% indica 10% sativa. Likely Hindu Kush and Kandy Kush. I mention this because they should be short and bushy naturally and with this method they won’t need much touch during veg/flower.

What do you think? Am I delusional thinking more smaller plants is less work? I’m thinking it’ll create a pretty nice canopy on it’s own and make pretty good use of the HLG 260.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this @Whodat66 @Wildwest @Ausgrow @PurpNGold74 @Drillbit @KingVars @Kushheavy @NLgrower

First, giving away? Good answer. I would think the sooner the better and let it be an S.E.P.

My thoughts? You are wasting 5 seeds Look at Nancy. One seed, low maintenance, good yield (potentially) and she could fill my closet if let free, even on a short veg.

Also, 6 run-offs to monitor, chance for 6 different issues to crop up simultaneously, etc.

1 Like

SCROGS are for clones. I know it’s racist, but anything trying to do the same thing with seeds is a waste of seeds - IMHO (in my humble opinion) :wink:

I have to agree with this…i think having the 6 one colas will be more maintenance than you perhaps would like compared to just minor maintenance one LST plant would be, even having 2 plants, both topped once will give you 4 colas and less stress if say there is a problem with nutes or lockout or anyother issues you could run into whilst running 6…obviously many people do it and its up to the gardeners preferences and whatnot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m main-lining/nebulizing/whatevering the GDP regardless. I know that if I am ‘game on’ I can keep up with lighting, pruning etc. and adjust to whatever changes might be needed. I mentioned it before, but I am not even worried about learning to clone, super-master-crop, whatever. When I get down to the last few seeds (like I won’t order more before then LOL) then I’ll worry about experimental stuff.

1 Like

Minimum you can buy is 5 seeds. If I get an ounce or twelve out of each seed, no worries. I want to be the ‘seed-soil-expert’ dude, and not confuse myself with unnecessary complications. I am set up (with evidence) for a continue-able harvest with the equipment I have, now I just have to make it work efficiently.

To be perfectly clear I have Nancy as a BotM competitor (free seeds? why not???) , but also because I have seen the “genetics” aspect of the ILGM seeds. Now that my equipment is good, I can spend money elsewhere and keep the same system. I am really not interested in ‘ginormous’ results, just consistency.

2 Likes

What’s an S.E.P?

I think our lifestyles are quite different from the looks of it. I am juggling a lot of things that take me away from my garden quite frequently. For me, the name of the game right now is simplicity, which actually makes me realize that I probably shouldn’t get into tucking under the net but rather just go with Nebulas mainlining method.

Yep, agreed, scratching the idea of 6 pots with no topping. I suppose at lead 1 round of topping isn’t so bad. Thanks to both of you for weighing in.

3 Likes

A single topping on an indica’s main stalk will create 2 shoots on top and all the shoots from the lower nodes to become more dominant. Could get 4-8 tops from a single topping depending on when and where you decide to top. I would cut the 5th top at (approx 2 and a half to 3 weeks old). Should get a pretty bushy plant! I did that with Indy when she was that small and created a super bushy plant. I topped her 2 main shoots later and she got too bushy for me! Seeds are worth saving. Id just top once while she’s little and you’ll be pleased with the result. @Mr.Indica

2 Likes

That’s good advice @Drillbit, I guess I’m lucky I like indica strains. I’m beginning to see how this thing works, I’m still new and learning. I just started training Aurora, she’s growing into her “base” quite well.

I’m beginning to see that with a single top followed with another session cutting two tops you can end up with 8 main colas. I’m starting to get motivated again now that I saw some good growth on Aurora. She bounces back quick!

3 Likes

Aurora is still a happy camper! LST time until one more topping session:

Vida’s doing OK with her recent transplant to the 1 gallon felt:

Time to feed!

5 Likes

They are both looking fabulous!!
Aurora took to the topping like a fish to water :ok_hand:
Vida will soon catch up as you lst aurora :+1:

2 Likes