More yellowing!

Man the last 2 times I came too this forum I got contradicting info that turned into arguments. I’m more confused now then when I asked the question. Obviously some people smoking too much,some not enough……

I apologize for this crap. I dont really care whose advise you take. But last night I was trying to help you get the plants back in order. I wake up to see Latewood contradicting everything I told you. And I agree…it makes the forum look ridiculous.

6 Likes

Go with what we discussed last night. You need to bump up your feeds. Your plants are bulking hard and doing absolutely nothing like Latewood advised you to do is going to create way more issues for you.

And lastly…if you are questioning whose advice to take, go look at all my grow journals and how my plants turned out. And then go look at his. Oh wait…he doesnt have any.

2 Likes

week 5 from seed is 3-4 weeks from finishing an auto oe plainly week 6 in flower. Pretty simple.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: whatever you say

4 Likes

I’ve never seen an auto finish in 8-9 weeks from seed. I would go with the info @imSICKkid gave you for your grow. He’s in line with what I would have advised you to do. :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

10 Likes

Did you say adding Cal Mag during flowering is a bad idea? I am a new grower too

In LATE (think week 8+) of flower its a bad idea. My plants demand more calmag the day i flip lights to 12-12….

Try growing a flowering plant in any medium without giving calcium or magnesium… u wont get past week 3-4 of flower without leaves going to :poop:

3 Likes

No it’s not bad for your plant to receive calcium and magnesium in flower. Actually its required the entire grow.

5 Likes

Definitely need calcium and magnesium during flowering.

7 Likes

Since you asked me, I will say similar to what I did before. 1/2 way through flower about week 6-7) growing autos I cur out most nutrients especially Cal-Mag (the product). My friends on the podcast, and I do not believe you need it the last 4 weeks. In the end of flower, you are looking for the plant to use up stored nutrients.

1 Like

One more thing. A lot depends on what medium and nutrient system you are using. some nutrient systems have enough Cal-Mag that you never really need it, while other nutrients systems require you to use Cal-Mag. It is definitely not a 1 answer for all situations, medium, and nutrient system chosen.

One other clarification. I am not saying plants do not need Calcium or Magnesium, I am stating that you do not always need to use the product Cal-Nag all the time, especially in mid to late flower. let the plants dictate the need, not an opinion.

2 Likes

That I can agree with. You dont always need calmag. Sometimes u need calcium (eggshell solution, gypsum, bone meal) . Sometimes u need magnesium (epsom salt). Calmag fixes both…. It also carries Nitrogen (9 outta 10 forms just look for nitrate. Thats a given).

Nitrogen is bad in late flower so that I can see. But telling ANYONE (hydro, coco, promix, soil, etc) plants in flower dont need Cal Mag (Calcium or Magnesium) is pure fallacy. ESPECIALLY as they go into flower.

Not trying to argue or offer opposing information. Just dont want new growers finding ‘Mentor’ information and following it into a hole…

Anyway… whenever @Crawfishpie comes back id love an update on the plants in question. Sorry if I came off wrong. Just hate misinformation

7 Likes

plants in flower dont need Cal Mag (Calcium or Magnesium) is pure fallacy.

Hye bro, I never said this. I said Cal-Mag which see as a product. I see Calcium or Magnesium as individual minerals minerals. I make my own hydroponic nutrient solution. I do know that Calcium via Calcium Nitrate, and Magnesium vis Epsom Salts (Magnesium sulfate) are required ib the mix. In fact one is in part A (CaNo5 I believe), and Epsom Salts is in Part B. I also have Magnesium and Calcium chelates as I mix my own Micronutrients as well.

Thanks for drawing back a bit, You are right plants have to have Calcium and Magnesium, but they do not need Cal-Mag (product) all the time or at all in some grows.

Peace

p.s. Calcium Nitrate is CaNo3…sorry
What you posted about Calcium or Magnesium, probably should hev been Calcium orand Magnesium, as in you may possiblt need one, but not the other which is why Cal-Mag is confusing if we do not decipher what the new geower is really asking.

Thank you bro. I will try that

I agree with that too. Definitely.

@imSICKkid @PurpNGold74 @Covertgrower

I know this is super late… I just started my first grow, from seed, FFHF, growing photos, wasn’t planning on adding any nutes till week 5 at the earliest!

Seedlings are currently in their first week of life, looking healthy and not stretching for light, i haven’t watered in 2 days and the soil under the first 1” is still moist so I know it’s still not ready for watering.

My question is, when do I want to start adding small amounts CalMag to the plants? My city water doesn’t show any signs of calcium nitrate or magnesium in the water and I ph down to 6.5 whenever I do mist the soil

If your are in soil (FFHF included) normally you wont need it until week 5+. Can we see pictures of the little lady?

2 Likes

AK47 shot up Monday, White Widow on Tuesday, I think they’re healthy for a few days of life

@PurpNGold74

1 Like

O yeah. They look great for a few days. But u have weeks (or a month or so) before calmag is needed

2 Likes