Monk's third try: 2 LSD, 2 banana kush , and 2 afghan

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 15 day flower for afgan1 watered 3 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 48 days veg for lsd1 watered 3 day ago 2 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 3 day flowering watered 2 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 27 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 20 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 15 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

put a tablespoon of terp tea grow (7-1-1) into a gallon of water and ph’d to 6.5 then watered afgan1 from top only. this was not a terp tea and i see why they want you to heat it and keep it overnight brewing. there were lots of little specks that didn’t dissolve. on next watering if afgan1 is still showing yellow i will top dress again and put the rest of my additives in .

top dressed LSD1 with terp tea grow one teaspoon. then watered a gallon at 6.5 ph with regen a root, fish sh!t, and hydroguard.

both afgan2 and LSD1 are looking good as far as not having much yellowing. all but a few leaves on both plants are a good dark green, am hoping to keep them that way.

after each of the plants stops their stretch i will cut out the terp tea grow.

4 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 16 day flower for afgan1 watered 1 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 48 days veg for lsd1 watered 1 day ago 3 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 4 day flowering watered 3 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 28 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 21 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 16 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

pic day

group pic veg tent LSD2 on left, cherry pie1 on right

LSD2

cherry pie1

7 Likes

flower tent

group pic afgan1 top left, afgan2 top right, LSD1 foreground

afgan1

afgan2

LSD1

LSD1 is now in flowering stage

9 Likes

Looking awesome my brother :+1: :v:

4 Likes

Right on Monk. Its interesting, your Afghan has thinner blades than all 9 that I grew.

Looking good.

4 Likes

You got this shit monkman
Lol
nice veg and flower beeches

3 Likes

I think he is past the cheerleader stage! Monks on cruise control.

2 Likes

lol @AAA, we all could use cheerleading now and then but i appreciate the sentiment. my major goal after getting pot to smoke is fixing the problems i’m having going from veg stage to flowering stage. afgan1 got away from me and it looks like i have done better on afgan2 and LSD1 but there is still another week or two that i am focusing on. i did get afgan1 to green up better than what it was. i am hoping to stay ahead of the other two.

5 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 17 day flower for afgan1 watered 2 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 49 days veg, 1 day flower for lsd1, watered 2 day ago
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg, ,5 day flowering for afgan2, watered 4 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 29 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 22 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 16 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

Good morning monkman! Your Girls are looking very nice indeed, great seeing them take off. One thing I learned out of sheer necessity (I no longer have a spare tent lol) is that I did not bother w the 24hrs± of darkness thing, just threw them into flower tent and let them go. in a week or so they all seemed to be doing exactly what they should be doing. I doubt I will ever bother w the dark before the flip again.

They’re getting big that’s for sure, when do you start doing the defoliation/s?
Keep on rocking it brother :sunglasses: :v: :rocket:

2 Likes

thanks for visiting @Mote, yea, i think i will stop with the darkness before flower. i was under the impression that it helped to change to flower quicker but it was the same time for LSD1 as was afgan1 and 2 so it doesn’t make since to continue. all three plants showed going into flowering stage within 5 days.

as for defoliation, i haven’t been doing that as i am having trouble keeping any leaves on my plants at this stage in all my grows. this grow i will do some if i get past the yellowing issue i’ve been having.

2 Likes

Yep!
Dont think the darkness before the storm hurts them, I simply dont see it as a crucial step anymore imo.

Some yellowing of leaves is somewhat normal I believe, but usually starting on the lower leaves?!
What’s their basic diet consist of?

1 Like

i am in supersoil from the treehouse here locally. it appears that there is not enough nitrogen in the soil for the stretch at the beginning of flowering. i called them to ask about it and they said that the plant stores nitrogen during it’s veg stage and that i am possibly not getting enough stored. so i am top dressing with terp tea grow (7-1-1) and that seems to be having an effect. i didn’t get afgan1 with it and got a bad yellowing effect on the whole plant. it helped afgan1 when i top dressed it with the tea and it’s looking better. both afgan2 and LSD1 i was able to get a top dress on them before i sent to flowering and it looks like that has helped, but it is still early yet on both those plants. both of them have a couple of yellowing leaves of the much older ones and very low on the plant but that is a lot different than losing 15 leaves in the first ten days of flowering.

2 Likes

Absolutely, loosing that many leaves at such a juncture would be alarming to say the least.
Glad to hear the terp tea is helping. :+1:

2 Likes

if i have problems with afgan2 and LSD1 i will try to get a different nute to use for this part of the grow. i don’t brew the tea, just put it on dry and work it into the soil then water it. it is supposed to be a pretty non-invasive way of doing it and will look for something a bit more invasive if this doesn’t work.

2 Likes

oops just looked up invasive and that is not the word i was looking for. what i meant was the tea is supposed to be a milder way of adding nutes

1 Like

The old 10:1 water:urine

1 Like

lol that works, but i don’t like messing with pee! i am sure that the treehouse has an organic grow nute i can use for this. i hate peeing into cups lol

1 Like