Monk's first try

Good to know! I have a jiffy box but no experience with it yet. Will likely go that route once this current grow gets chopped.

jiffy box works, even a monk can do it LOL. yes can go jiffy pellet for germ and most of seedling phase then you transfer to solo for begin of veg phase then 3 gallon to fin veg and start flower, then 5 gallon to fin flower is kinda how i’m looking at it, might change. seems like slowoldguy had something more or less like this.

@SlowOldGuy quote.
seems like a lot of extra work tho,
i start with 3 oz (300ml) cups, when they need watering more then once a day i pot up into 20 oz solo cups, i use flood to drought watering until they need watered every day then pot up again into 1 gal (4 liter) pots…
by simply waiting for the roots to fill the container they transplant with no stress.!

the 3 oz cup is more or less like the peat pellet.

1 Like

I see. I started in the solo then went to 1/2 gal then 5 gal. My plant started out so slow, all she did was grow roots. Then one day, she said, I’m good with rooting and shot off like a rocket.

Good to see MI people here as I grew up near Lowell. Kinda wish I never left now that it’s legal there, lol.

1 Like

nice on plant, and yea lowell is not a bad area, at least it’s out of the city, i’m small town guy all the way, but always had to go to Det for work. mostly OEM’s.

how far your plant get now?

We only went through Detroit to get to Windsor so we could drink when we were 18, lol. Hit up Ann Arbor more than a few times for UofM games. I still bleed maize and blue.

1 Like

i did a lot of work at the auto plants in windsor, used to love the Windsor ballet after work was done… completely naked girls lol good for a thrill first time or two then becomes old hat and boring.

1 Like

I worked for GM for 3 years to save up money to get out of there, lol. I do miss the mitten but I just couldn’t take the cold anymore

1 Like

i didn’t get to ride my bike into town for lunch today because of the snow, but got my exercise in shoveling snow and going up and down these dmn stairs every half hour. i have been burping the dome every half hour, it is mostly 86% humid and temp has settled in at 78 the last three times. 86 is okay, but i would really like to see that get to 80 before lights go out in 4 hours, but not that big a deal.

i am very happy to get the temp down below 80 and might move light back another inch but won’t do that until after it sits over night.

Excited for you to get the camera so we can see what you’re seeing

1 Like

did a lot of work at Gm and Ford and a little for Chrysler when working for Modicon, then mostly worked at OEM’s doing startup at the different plants, i loved startup.

went all over the country and twice to Mex to do controls startup. my mechanical aptitude is horrid but got better thru the years.

1 Like

86 hum, 78 temp

85 hum, 77 temp

86… 78

2 Likes

anywhere between 30 and 70% is good at your stage,
i know 85% is ‘ideal’ for their age, but u have to balance ideal for the plants and ideal for mold growth.
too high of humidity causes slow growth,
like fert’s, its better to stay low then too high.!!

simply turn the dome slightly so it rests on top of the tray with the corners open,
this will drop the RH in the dome 10-30%, this way u do not have to mop up water or keep opening the dome.!

1 Like

thanks @SlowOldGuy i will do that next time up at 10. am trying to get it down to 70 if i can, but want the dome on it mostly because of the 20% room humid. i will work on getting it to a balance tomorrow by going thru the same thing i did tonight but incorporating the off corners thing til i get it back to 70. i will be looking to see if i can balance it at 70% hum and 77 temp cause i’d like to keep my led’s that close to try to help from stretch and that would be on the border for the “low transpiration” range on the chart. i would need to get it to 72 degrees to get it to go to 65% humidity. or should i not be so tight- assed about this chart?

was 83 hum, 77 temp this check which is least it’s been, i did not take top off this time, just cracked top along long side to see what that will do in half hour. very light opening for air on dome

ignore the damn VPD charts.!!!
none of them r composed for cannabis, some r modified for us, but even still they r composed under laboratory conditions.!
in veg u want 50-60%, flower 40-50%, easy peasy.!!
30-60% is fine, but the closer to 50 u get the better.

1 Like

this is the one i was using from a post from raustin.

but will take what you said if this is not valid

many will tell me i m wrong, but i have seen WAY too many different charts to believe in them, each plant has its own respiration, to put all cannabis into one chart seems shady at best, i can find plant specific VPD charts on the net, but can not find cannabis specific charts at all.!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say ignore the vpd chart. What i would say is that there’s no need to be perfect. Get close as you can with reasonable measures and don’t lose any sleep over it.

4 Likes

thanks a bunch both @SlowOldGuy and @dbrn32, being an eng type i can get swallowed up in the minutia of charts and graphs lol this goes back to the phototron with their “exact” directions. easier to follow but you don’t really learn much that way, this way you have to learn and as said earlier, i know i can not substitute reading for experience and that is kinda what ur doing when you start following charts too closely, and i’d believe that each strain would have it’s own “best” conditions.

2 Likes

with first crack in dome it was 41% humid and 75 temp. i closed the crack from lengthwise to width wise to see what we get for next half hour.

79% hum 73 temp, opened dome a little.

78 hum 73 temp, opend a little more.

68 hum 72 temp, closed a bit and am done for the night, light turns off in an hour.

what i’m looking for in these adjustments to dome is to see mostly the same humidity around 50 to 70% two or three checks (hour and half) in a row.

5th day since plants popped up in soil.

69% humid 77 temp a very nice little surprise for the morning and three of the plants have their second set of serrated leaves starting. i struggled to get control of humidity yesterday and now it appears i have got what i wanted. i have only about an inch until one of the plants hits the dome so i hope to get out to the treehouse today to get another dome (taller) and a good possibility that the camera will be in today. am thinking of getting a light specifically for germination and seedling growth, why i am suffering thru using these 5 a21 leds i don’t know.
was thinking of getting t5 florescent 2 foot but with having to get the taller dome i would not be able to get them close enough to plants to be beneficial. i will check to see if treehouse has a used demo model or some other “cheap” light to do this part. in my planning i didn’t even think about needing a light specifically for germ/seedling stage.