Molasses causing clawing?

Actually the leaves clawed the worst were on the opposite side of the fan. Honestly I put these plants through hell since they were born. You can only see that though after the fact when you’re dealing with issues without experience. There’s vast rooms of knowledge about growing this stuff out there, problem is it’s impossible to put it all into one place so you can find all that anecdotal info the first time rather than searching multiple sources from a google search. The first and likely worst thing I did was push too much light at them, which 200 watts from the wall doesn’t sound like too much from any other grow I’ve ever followed or watched on the tube. These plants seem to have a top tolerance from this light of around 165 watts. Anything more and you’re bleaching leaves etc., of course no other issues withstanding that could aid the problems.

So major lessons learned first grow:

1. Watch what the light’s are doing to the plants rather than rely on wattage numbers others are using for their grows as a guide. Now that I’m aware too much light can cause red stems I’ll keep that in mind in the future rather than trying to alter nutes thinking that’s the cause.

2. Change nutes. One goal was to make it as simple as possible with good results. Having to flush 3 times plus during a grow isn’t simple from my perspective. While soil is supposed to be forgiving and respond slower to changes, having to strip it multiple times during a grow seems like more shock to the plants however minimal, not to mention with my setup it’s a true pain to have to vacuum out water 5 or 6 times per plant to get it clean.

While I still have a few bottles of the old nutes I’m trying a one part simple blend next grow, and trying to learn how to use that by watching the plants responses rather than having to flush out when transitioning nutes to max the plant respond. While I haven’t run through every brand out there, I’m thinking any tradeoff in yield between complicated nute formulas and a one part mix that doesn’t change is worth the difference.

dbrn32 that’s a great observation there about the fans. Again, watching YouTube and copying what’s there didn’t work. I could have shriveled the roots from that fan and with this strain in the room it’s in and the overall cleanliness of the structure they’re in I think pulling a bit more air through the tent from the exhaust fan may be enough to keep enough air moving down there.

If I get a quarter pound I’ll be lucky, if you consider the yields posted with the seeds to be anything close to reality.

2 Likes