Mason jar hydroponics

How often should I change the water in a mason jar hydroponic setup?

Show the system please

1 Like

I haven’t started it yet. trying to get as much info as I can before I start. What would be a good size mason jar to use?

I have no clue what they are is why I asked. I’m curious for sure as to what a mason jar system would look like.

1 Like

The guy in your video is just playing around. Don’t waste 4 months playing around with a little jar. Do this with a 5 gal bucket and welcome to DWC. Hydro makes the best plants. Monitor your PPM to keep the plant in the desired feeding zone and keep your reservoir at the desired level of liquid. Monitoring it will be best to answer your question… Most never change all of the solution and just do a portion every 30 days. Having an external reservoir allows you to work and monitor the solution without disturbing the plant.

2 Likes

basically the Kratsky method seems like hope I spelled it right I would not waste any time on just a jar…I made my own dwc with a 6 dollar bucket from lowes with some air stones

I’m not sure that link is allowed. They’ve been cracking down on things like this

I’m not sure if I went against policy. if I did forgive me. it was the only way I could explain what I meant. If it needs to come down please remove it I don’t know how.

1 Like

After reading the forum policy I think that the video I posted was not within the rules so I took it down. I like this forum it has helped a lot so I will be more mindful of my post.

2 Likes