Mainlining variations

Can I trim top Fan Leaves?

You can expect that the plant will exceed that. A plant can double in size during the 1st few weeks of flowering. Height can be managed with a technique called supercropping.

Take off only what is necessary to maintain good airflow within the plant. It is important to have good airflow for CO2 replenishment and to mitigate mold.

This is my first try at a manifold. This is about 4, 7, 10, and 12 weeks. Going to flip this weekend once I rearrange the tent and move the 2 autos out.

5 Likes

@ChunkyMonkey WOW !
For your first time doing the mainlining/ manifold technique,
You are definitely on target ,
Congrats ! I hope it fills ur grow tent for ya with lbs. of smoke ,
My plans this grow is to try the advanced mainlining/manifold technique also it will be my first attempt as well,

Thanks! @Bigfoot1 The main thing I learned is that you can bend them too hard. I broke some of the main nodes off so down to 10 colas but decided to top again for 20. One final clean up and then we’re off to the races.

1 Like

@ChunkyMonkey are u fimming the new growth on ur manifold technique, from what I have been reading, fimming will produce more cola sites, hey here’s mine right now , Burnt Toast ~ 4th week

3 Likes

My mainlining so far. I topped as early as possible to clone those top.

Here the clones, 1 from first top and 2 from second top at 2 main branches.

They are 47day from seed now. I will flip them at day 49 night time.

I try to use less day and see what will happen. Also my first time try growing photo and clone.

3 Likes

No fiming I Just kept topping the nodes.

1 Like

@kardel , Congrats on a superb looking grow just simply awesome brother!!! Very well done!

1 Like

@ChunkyMonkey , I can’t wait to see more of ur grow along the way , hear ur view points, and suggestions on my grow.
I have grown weed all my life outdoors, only my 2nd time indoors in a 4’w~8’L~6.7’H grow tent, and learning,leaning towards being a GANJAPRENEUR
WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM ALL
OF MY NEW FRIENDS !!!
ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

Actually im more addicted on training (heavy) the plant than watch them flowering :laughing:.

Thanks !

2 Likes

@kardel , Oh yes I too have a growing addiction, cannabis, vegetable garden, all that brings great things in life!!!
It’s 1:30 am here, issues that will not let me rest and sleep!!! so here I am smoking some PAIN relief, just like us all , life has been kicking my @$$ for alot of years !
And the OLD MAN has found it’s
way in into my legs, and entire body,
Good Morning to ya brother !!!

2 Likes

Last defol,

24 hours later Took it like a champ! and switched to 13/11

5 Likes

@ChunkyMonkey : NICE looking grow my friend !!! Very ~Very Nice , love the high~n~tight trim !
CONGRATS, She made it through
SURGERY, just fine it looks like

Thanks @Bigfoot1 Yep already has grown 2 inches in 3 days. Now it’s a waiting game.

1 Like

Looking great! Manifold is nice and neat, well formed, and even on height. Should turn out amazing. Great job so far.

1 Like

Almost a week after flip, small nodes keep growing but i guess better let them grow and lollipop after 3rd week of flower should be more safe. Do i get it right?

I did some light defoliation her center a bit through out this week.

2 days ago

Today day5 after flip

1 Like

I also have an affinity for torturing my plants to see just how hard I can push them.I have been experimenting with mainlining for about 2 years now and here is what I’ve learned. Mainline is a very stressful technique which makes it take forever and difficult for novices. If the rest of your grow isn’t on point your results may not be great. If you want flower to smoke now this method is not for you. That being said, 2 years and 25 plants later, I can consistently get 8-10oz of dried cured buds. My latest was a Northern Lights that yielded 350g of fine kind at the time of jarring. It also took 9 weeks to flower though. The major advantage I’ve seen is not in quantity but in quality. There is virtually no popcorn and quality of the nug is consistent top to bottom.
I start with the first top at the 3rd 4th or 5th node when the plant reaches 5, 6, or 7 nodes respectively. At the same time remove all the growth below the topping point. I tend to go higher because I feel it makes it easier to water later and I don’t mind a taller stalk. I then tie the new growth to my training pot with grow wire. you will have to adjust the wire every few days to keep the new growth both at the same level and somewhere between parallel and 45 degrees to the soil. When the new growth reaches 3 to 5 nodes, top it above the 2nd node and remove the 2 branches growing out the 1st node. This will now give you 4 leaders. up to this point usually takes 6-8 weeks depending on strain and grow room conditions. you can repeat the last step as many time as you want to double the number of leaders each time. I like 4 to 8 for smaller plants up to 16 leaders for the big girls. The more leaders the longer veg will take. The plant also becomes more crowded and will need more pruning to get light all the way through. It does seem like in most of my grows more leaders translates to smaller diameter nugs, but not lower overall yield. So more nugs but smaller ones.
once you have you desired number of leaders allow the tips to turn up towards the light. now its time to switch to flower. I drop a net at this point just above the the plant and gently train the plant into the net as it explodes in early flower. At 3-4 weeks or when the first calyx start forming into nugs Its time to prune off the bottom 20% of the plant. make sure you give the plant lots of water after this step. After that sit back and watch her grow. I do a little defoliating here and there to let light and air completely penetrate the plant, but don’t overdo it. On a few particularity large plants I also felt the need for a second net to keep those big juicy nugs upright, however it does make things quite difficult to get untangled come harvest time.
In conclusion, mainline may be not be the the fastest, easiest, or even the best training method, but it sure is fun and can be very rewarding in it’s own way.I hope that isn’t too much info. I would also like to point out that I am certainly not the best grower and I’m sure this technique could be further refined. I just wanted to share my personal experiences and what has worked well for me.

Kandy Kush My first mainline attempt yield 6.5oz

Power Plant another early attempt yielding just over 7oz

Trainwreck grown with the power plant yield 7.85oz

most recent mainline of gran daddy purp and northern lights yeild nearly 4 lbs

7 Likes

@Gl1tch , CONGRATS, WOW !
now THAT’S how it’s done “NICE”

1 Like