Mainlining variations

lol just remembered it was supercropping I was thinking of that I’ve seen “knuckling” referred to ha

1 Like

I can’t speak about mainlining because I’ve never tried it. I can however speak about hydro. There has been 1 or 2 that I have seen here mainline in hydro and veg time is about the same. The explosive growth comes into play during the stretch IMO not during veg.

Also, IMO mainlining is a skill/art that these guys above have that I don’t, and that skill is patience… lol
Mainlining is also another grow method to produce high yield plants, as well as just awesome to look at and fun to mess with.

If high yield is what you’re after, then there are multiple ways to achieve that. I “try” to achieve that with a scrog. I run a small diy rdwc system with pretty good results. While I don’t mainline, I do however enjoy a challenge with every scrog. You never know how it’s gonna end up.
If you ever need a hand with a hydro build, feel free to tag away. There are plenty here with great hydro experience and knowledge.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

On point with that! You got the skills for a manifold Brother and like yourself experimenting is 1/2 the fun for me :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Here is 1 of the techniques that worked well for me aside from manifolds. Topped and bent the main over 90 degrees and spread and trained the sides. 8.25 zips from this auto Sour Diesel :love_you_gesture:

Top view of a manifold

6 Likes

All I can say is wow! I’ve seen most everybody’s mainlining on here and am always impressed! My hats off to y’all !! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m getting close to doing that with my TW. I have made a post to tie it to in the back of my scrog setup. This will be another unknown scrog adventure for sure. They’re taking their time getting going due to cold temps. But, I’m in not hurry and have plenty of smoke to last another year or better… lol :crazy_face::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Bonus!! Tag me Brother if you don’t mind :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Much appreciated on the encouraging words. The experimenting started when I would buy 10 beans and get 10 free…more beans to play with :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

OG is the man!!! He taught me on my first grow how to mainline with some variation and I am really looking forward to the smoke, LOVE the mainlines this thread is sharing :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

on point… :ok_hand: :sunglasses: :v:

5 Likes

That’s a killer mod Brother!!! Well done on those, damn I’m envious :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Appreciate it, and I think I’ll very likely be taking you up on asking some pointers on a hydro build in a separate post (if I can get to it–between two separate posts I wrote in the forums and growing I can barely keep up ha). I’m all for scrogging, and I’m starting to think that for my next start to finish grow, rather than training plants individually throughout veg, or at least the earlier portion of it, I’ll just scrogg right after the seedling stage and in addition use topping and supercropping to try and maintain an even canopy. And any vegetation below the trellis gets sacked. I’m beginning to think that if I’m nearing triple digits in the amount of plants I’m growing and I’m the only one doing the work, the marginal reduction in yield will be well worth the reduction in labor hours for yours truly.

2 Likes

Holy hell! I couldn’t dream of getting that sort of yield, although I’m sure some of it is due to having inferior equipment. Got another post going right now on grow lights because it’s time I start getting the most out of my efforts.

My first grow, figured I’d try out mainlining.

Would appreciate some advice. I’m a little concerned I have topped to many times for my grow space?

Here’s an article on mainlining, but it should be done earlier in a grow.

I don’t know that you can top too many times. There are tradeoffs, but it’s generally a good thing. I top my plants up to 3 times before flowering.

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

These are already mainlined. I was just wondering if it is a bit overcrowded in there? Put them in flower 1 week ago so hoping they will grow another 15 inches

It is crowded. A plant can double in size during the 1st 4 to 5 weeks of flowering. It will stop growing at that point and the plant will then focus on ripening flower.

Have any suggestions?) I have 4 plants in hydro which 3 of them have 16 tops and 1 has 24 the other 4 on the sides are cuttings. Should I just remove the cuttings and concentrate on the 4? Although for now they are just in the corners not really overshadowing.

Trim as necessary to maintain good airflow within the plants’ canopies. You should be fine other than that.

Do you think I put it into flower to early btw? Still have about 15 inches left they can grow so they stay atleast 12 inches away from my cmh bulb