LST for a beginner

Hey everyone! FIrst grow here and I started reading about LST about a week ago. I know most begin this in the early veg stage. I am just under a week into 12/12s and the stem is still pretty bendable. I’d say about a 1/4 of the way up the stem. Any recommendations on beginning LST this late?

1 Like

The only recommendation I have is to be very careful. As you are aware, the stems are hardening off to support the weight of the buds and will be getting brittle and prone to breaking.

That said, I have bent some branches a few weeks in the flower and did not have any issues. The difference between low stress training and breaking stems is very small. I broke the main top off of one of my clones a couple of weeks ago be being a bit too aggressive. These are in early veg.

2 Likes

I would honestly just let them girls do their thang and then start fresh with LST on your next round of plants the proper way in early veg.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response Merlin and Blaze.

I was also thinking that too, Blaze. I’m still on the fence about it but know if I want to I need to start now.

1 Like

You could to go. If stem is a little hard, just wiggle between fingers to soften. Its called supercrop and works great. I highly recommend it. Plus that plant is just gonna keep stretching and looks like You’re already in the light

2 Likes

I would like more info on supercrop and monster cropping have you done both?

1 Like

Supercrop is when you put a bend in the stem and monster crop is when you take a clone from a flowering plant

1 Like

I’ve been reading about monster cropping but hadn’t heard of super cropping but I just topped 1 of my 2nd grow and I’m going to try bending my stem I just need to put holes in my 5 gal buckets to hook stem over. Next time I think I’ll try to get canvas bags, this time I was concentrating on lights and nutrients and water. I got more from my grow than I thought I would I’ll send pics in the morning

2 Likes