Looking for some new TV or movies

Anyone run a Plex server in their home? I’m up to about 500 movies and a dozen or so TV series’ all ripped to a 10tb HDD I stream to my TV on demand via a mini-PC that’s on 24/7. Plex puts it all together with photos, actors, theme songs, etc. Really gives the vid collection a complete “Netflix” feel. Always watching Amazon for sales on stuff. Gilligans Island was my last purchase. That 70’s show before that. A lot of the oldies already mentioned are on my “when it goes on sale” list. I just rip the regular DVD’s. Hi-def Blurays and such, suck up too much of my HDD space.

1 Like

I only hit Plex when I can’t rent it or buy it because they will shut down my account if I download with any regularity.

Like Dogma by Kevin Smith, it’s tied up and not available to rent or buy anywhere so, Plex to the rescue.

Yeah, there goes a shark. And the Blacklist jumps over that shark :unamused:
I know, there was too much drama behind the scenes with writers ,producers and such. Shame.
My favorite moment-seasons 1 ep 9.

Reddington: Have you ever sailed across an ocean, Donald…on a sailboat, surrounded by sea with no land in sight, without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come? To stand at the helm of your destiny. I want that, one more time. I want to be in the Piazza del Campo in Siena. To feel the surge as 10 racehorses go thundering by. I want another meal in Paris, at L’Ambroisie, at the Place des Vosges. I want another bottle of wine. And then another. I want the warmth of a woman and a cool set of sheets. One more night of jazz at the Vanguard. I want to stand on the summits and smoke Cubans and feel the sun on my face for as long as I can. Walk on the Wall again. Climb the Tower. Ride the River. Stare at the Frescos. I want to sit in the garden and read one more good book. Most of all I want to sleep. I want to sleep like I slept when I was a boy. Give me that, just one time. That’s why I won’t allow that punk out there to get the best of me, let alone the last of me."

It was cute how he managed to get 80s stars in the series-Paul Reubens(pee wee), c thomas howell, Andrew Mccarthy.

SL out.

1 Like

I’m here for a couple of suggestions if you like wild ride mind blankers…

Black Mirror is a very good show that really sticks with you. Think modern day twilight zone with a bent towards the technology wi either have today, or will in the near future

Warning:only 2 episodes have what I would call happy endings

Another crazy series is Dark. It is German with subtitles and can get pretty complicated (time travel and all its trappings)

If you don’t mind subtitles it’s well worth the watch, but pay attention as it can get hard to follow at points

@Slug_Life , We just watched The Blacklist finale last night. DVR, just waiting for some down time(rain). Pretty fitting ending. No returning from that whoopin. Too bad, made you wonder sometimes. Are the feds really that bad?:face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::nerd_face: ha

Maaaaaaan, that ending was BULLS—

Sorry,I couldn’t hold back :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

SL out

If you’re looking for laughs Letter Kenny on Hulu.

Other than that we pretty much rotate the same old shows once we “forget” most of it.

NCIS is what we’re currently rewatching.

Justified
Breaking bad
The Shield
Friends
Seinfeld
Cheers

Oh Role Models is a very funny movie

We’ve been watching The Office reruns for a while. I still chuckle over some of the same dumb stuff I’ve seen over and over.

Some of the bloopers for the office are as funny if not funnier than the show

Dwight defending himself from Dwight, the element of surprise and wham! A punch to the groin.:joy:

Welcome to the forum!

Both movies are on our library on-hold list. Guardians 1 and 2 are in my top movie faves. :grinning:

I see that Groot profile pic. :joy:

1 Like

As for new movies, I would recommend Oppenheimer by Christopher Nolan. It’s a great movie with a fascinating story. I think everyone will be interested to see how and under what circumstances the nuclear bomb was created and first used. If you want something simpler and more entertaining, then Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 is perfect (for free on 123movies). This one will be interesting to watch with children. A great movie based on comics.