Looking for some new TV or movies

@OGIncognito Oh my…Yes Fred and Esther had some of the best fights and one liners…" You big dummy"…(they have T-shirts with that on them) “Im coming to join you honey” “Its the big one” “how`d you like five of these across yo lip”…Too funny! and yes every Cheech& Chong classic…The part when Cheech was trippin on acid and Chong says …“you feelin mellow man then AAAHHH! " and scared him into mellownes@SandyC… " Could you imagine trying that today?”… You are right…My Mom and I said the same thing…NO it wouldn’t fly today although it should… Its too PC today everyone is so uptight and incorrect…It was comedy at its finest…I have the whole series on CD ( Oh how old skool… :roll_eyes:) But I can watch them and light up and laugh my arse off!! Love the fight between Archie and the Meat head…P.S. too yea We loved Edith,a woman with a heart of gold and yes she knew how to get over on Archie…@StoneCold13…yup lots of memories !!

3 Likes

Me too, dude. Like nothing.
I lately have just been watching taped lecture series that I can find on streaming services. Topics like greek mythology, the bubonic plague and I recently watched a good one about William Tecumseh Sherman that I enjoyed very much.

2 Likes

I have been watching somebody feed phil. It started as something to make some noise in the backgroung but now im really enjoying getting to see food from places i wouldnt have ever been aware of. Now i have a whole new list of places where i want to smoke a bowl and have a meal.

I have seen the PHIL show. He’s funny and the shows are good. I was stuck on Samantha Brown for a minute :smiling_imp:
What about THE BOYS? (Social commentary but gore and naugtiness) REACHER? (Better than Tom Cruise’s version)
LUCIFER? Oooh weee if I ever saw Ms Lopez on payday, I’m spending all my dough… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But that mysticism/angel vs devil twist is funny.
Blacklist was fun. Spader holds his own. I am more of the ,“He killed Robert Downey Jr.” After Less Than Zero. But i forgave him. Spader is great!
I watched DOOM PATROL, and it was guilty entertainment. Brendan Fraser was funny. But “Jane …what a nice name,it reminds me of a High school flame” (EPMD) It got a little heavy handed with the social commentary at times, but the “F#ck,” count was always high. Almost comical.

I like to have movies where the girls kick butt playing in the background. Its nice to walk back into the room and some female is handing out a$$ whoopins is nice. “Oh, i might have to sit down and watch this…” and then back to rolling a joint.

But my favorite? Get stoned, grab a beer, and try my luck at Jeopardy. Whoa…

SL out.

1 Like

I just watched Frank and Penelope the other night, I actually enjoyed it, I’m not saying it’s some great movie, but IMO it’s worth the watch… It’s got just enough hint of a 1970s drive in vibe, but it’s modernized just enough that it’s not dated… Note this is still what I would call a B-grade movie, but on the upper scale of B-grades…

From someone who hates most zombie movies, the new hbo series “last of us” is quite entertaining. I skeptically watched the pilot and came back for more.

It is based off the fungal infection that infects Amazonian ants to be zombies somehow evolves to infect humans. The premise is quite intriguing. Anyway, for what it’s worth. I found this refreshingly twist on zombies quite good.

Any of y’all check out History of the World, Part II?

1 Like

Seen the commercials but haven’t watched yet :+1:

If you have Netflix check out,cooking with weed.it’s like a game show but the funny part is when the people eat a 5 course infused meal.they get so stoned.the first two episodes are great after that not so much.

3 Likes

I like the show but not sure someone can eat the starter and be " feeling it" before the meal is over. I could just be me but usually takes 30 plus minutes before any edibles kick in. I do like the show bringing weed into the public eye in a positive way.

I forgot about Loudermilk, it’s a pretty good one!

I worked at action park! Summers and winters at Vernon valley! I tore my self up on that fiberglass race track that went down the mountain! Good times

2 Likes

Have you seen the documentary? You might be in it, lol. There’s a good amount of random footage through the years with lots of employees in it.

2 Likes

I haven’t but the best memory I have of the park is when Alice In Chains showed up with Headbangers ball. Layne and Jerry were cool as s**t but Ricky was an ass. Didn’t stop me gabbing a tube and going on a water ride with them. I was in my work uniform tho and got fired for it. I’d do it again. Anyway they were there for lalapalooza at Waterloo.

2 Likes

@SandyC :rofl: I thought that was Ned Beatty from Deliverance…YEEEEEEE squeal like a pig!.. :pig:
@noddykitty1 …Its not new but from the HBO line up … Baby…was great…its about a cute little baby that everyone dies when around him…a dark/funny show…

1 Like

Michael Pollan has a fascinating series on Netflix that discusses psychedelics like psilocybin, DMT, and peyote.

5 Likes

I’ve all the same animated stuff. 42yo girl.

1 Like

I’m sure this was said about us at the time, but I really feel bad for todays kids and the garbage they have to choose from on TV.

We had about 10 channels to pick from, they have unlimited options, but our shows were so much better!

1 Like

3 channels, abc, nbc, and cbs, only remote was dad hitting the wall as we turn the tv antenna for better reception.

From the old westerns, the old Petticoat Junction girls, Green Acres Family Affair, 

As a kid, Disney was on every Sunday evening.

Hate, dislike Notre Dame then and now, they have been on NBC, as far as I can remember, 99% of those games were nobody victories. The only college football team on NBC then. Force fed all those years. Normally 1 game from abc back then. You might get 3 televised games if its rival weekend. Rarely.

The Blacklist was good. Definitely some good storylines , got a little weak towards the end but was good.

2 Likes