Looking for opinion on time to harvest

So I’m going to come out and say I honestly don’t know what week I’m in for flower. I believe week 5 or 6. I can’t get a close up pic of the trichomes but when I look at them through jewelers loupe it appears trichomes are just starting to become cloudy. Kind of hard to tell honestly. The strain is Sappy Sour 2.0. I believe I’m still a few weeks away but welcome opinions. Thank you!

1 Like

Definately not ready yet but its frosty and looks yummy so far.

1 Like

@Mark0427 Appreciate it! First time growing this strain and it’s taking its sweet time.

Do u have a jewellers loop or usb magnifier to look at trichs. If so watch for milky to slight amber for a good uppity mellow buzz more amberish for couch lock all amber too late clear too early.

I have the jewelers loupe and when I look at the trichomes it looks somewhat cloudy but mostly clear. Honestly my eyes aren’t the best so it’s somewhat hard to tell. I’m more going off the pistols currently

Keep an eye on the trichs. If 90 percent are white milky its good. Depending on the feel u want off the buds. Im shooting for milky with some amberish. U can see them for sure. I dont have a perfect pic but one where thery r white amd some amberish. Its not a usb pic but u can see somewhat how i mean.

Mostly clear id wait it out maybe 2 weeks but still watch the trichs for change

I was thinking about at least two weeks by the look of everything. Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!

Np. Out of likes or id like the posts bud. U know how to get someones attn on her. Put the @ sign infront of the name like @Mark0427. @Covertgrower. Maybe he can give u a good estimate. Very knowledgeable fella. And our new forum mentor.

1 Like

I just learned about the @ today but thanks for the reminder. I’m very new to the forum but I’ve already found that the majority of the people on this forum, including yourself, are positive and quite informative.

1 Like

I would say about 2 more weeks. Since your eyes aren’t the best, just make sure the pistils are all brown. That’s pretty much what you’re looking for. After the pistils turn brown, you’ll see the flower swell. After that is complete, it’s ready.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower hey I could use your advice. The swelling as you described seems to have occurred but keep seeing white pistils. I obtained a strong microscope and it appears the trichomes are half cloudy. I was thinking about harvesting this weekend. What do you think?

1 Like

Depends on what kind of affects you’re going for. I shoot for all white, but very little amber. You might not gain much weight, but you’re still gaining potency yet. Keep an eye on them, at this point they can turn over a period of days.
I would ignore the few pistils at this point and look at the color of trichomes. You have some foxtailing which is normal.
They look delicious!

2 Likes

Much appreciated! I think I’ll be patient and maybe give it another week. The other plant that’s growing next to this one in the photos is still at least a a week or two away so it might work out perfectly.

1 Like

It looks really close and amber can glare and look almost like clears with LEDs lighting or the flash on your camera phone. I’ll tell ya what tho I’m PB and jelly at those colas, good job man.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Good to know. My phone camera isn’t the best and it’s pretty dark in my set up so they don’t develop real well. Thank you good sir! My first indoor grow with this set up with no added nutrients so can’t complain.

1 Like

Look awesome well done :clap: