Looking for a decent grow tent kit

https://www.yescomusa.com/products/48-24-60-reflective-mylar-hydroponics-indoor-grow-tent Gardening – yescomusa
I found this site AFTER I bought our kit on Amazon And This site has everything much cheaper. Vivosun tent 4x4x6ft 119.00 This site 79.99. Also use candle wax the stick to get your zippers to move smoother.

1 Like

Why do u want such a small tent for i use a marshydro 160x70x70 its great and i have a homelab tent which is 180x80x80

Those do look nice. Not often you find 7’ tents in 2x3.

1 Like

Ok, so I need a 2x2 or 3x3 tent just for 2 plants? Just how high does it need to be? If the kit comes with a not so good light and vent fan, I’ll need some brand names and correct sizes before I invest in a tent. I will need a 240w light? The vent fan needs to be quiet 4 or 6?, not noisy. I guess If I need to I can move some stuff around in the basement to fit the tent in. I have a humdifier and small fan atm. I’ve kept it a 77 with a
Bulbright 50 Watt LED Corn Bulb, E26/E39 Base, 5000Lumen, IP65, Replacement 200-250W HID/HPS/Metal Halide or CFL, LED Bulb for Indoor Outdoor Garage Factory Warehouse Backyard Garden (Warm White).
So, I’ll go from there.

I’ll wait for more info before I pull the trigger.

SatchBoogie

I bought 4x4x6.6 off of Walmart, $115. Got fan/filter setup for $85. Lights were $209 and $149.

Loved growing indoors, bought another tent. 4x8x6.6 from Walmart, $159. Vent system $200. Sonofarm SF4000 $360. Need 1 more light for it… Dont buy a kit, get an awesome light first.

AC Infinity 6”

How do you like your SonoFarm SF 4000. Have checked the dimmer? I have one and I like the light very much. From all appearances it is well made etc. However, when I checked the power draw with my Kill-A-Watt meter, the dimmer is VERY inaccurate and I can not rely on its indicated settings. These are the readings I obtained. With the dimmer set at 90% the actual wattage draw is only 240 while the math says it should be 360. And so on…
If you think the light is underperforming this might be why
I have mine in a 30 x 30" mylar wrapped PVC frame over a 24 x 24 scrog frame. Set 18 - 20" above the canopy at 330 watts. I will turn it down a bit when they are a little further along in flower to prevent foxtailing

I agree one 4000 in a 4x4 is inadequate. It would be the perfect light for a 3x3

So far I like it. Had it too high at first and bleached a plant. Turned it back to approximately 60% and the plant has responded well. I’m gonna flip this one photo in a week or so and then finish her. Once done, gonna go back with 3 or 4 under the light and see what it will do. I’m having it metered in 2 weeks by a friend, I’ll post my results.

You have a nice twist in that stem. 60% with my potentiometer would be perpetual veg. I did notify Sono Farm of the defect. They replied saying they checked some of their lights and agreed the dimmer is not calibrated accurately and were in contact with the manufacturer (Chinese). They offered to accept return of the light and issue a refund. I decided it was not worth the hassle. And as I said I like it and it is perfect for the space I bought it for. I recommend checking yours with a phone app, lumen or watt meter.
Good luck with the grow. Nice looking plant

1 Like

Just drove 45 miles and bought my own meter. I couldn’t stand it once I saw I could get one locally Stopped for beers now. I’ll post my results for you as soon as we take them.

@beardless just tested mine.

Lowest ON setting = 26W
25% = 89W
50% = 129W
75% = 239W
100% = 394W

Add 3 to every measurement, forgot I had a 3W USB fan plugged into bar…

Hi there growers,

I believe this could be useful for both beginners and experts in growing! We have just written a blogpost about the top grow tent kits that are available right now!

I hope you find it helpful!
Logan

@SatchBoogie i use bud box tent indestructible the poles are like scaffolding poles.

alot of duct holes for all different sizes even if you wanted you could put it out side all year round with a tarp on top they solid :muscle:

@SatchBoogie hasn’t been on the site for over a year.

@Logan.ILGM bumped a 2 year old thread. It creates confusion and clogs up the thread listing with content that very few interact with.

@moderators

@MidwestGuy thanks for the heads up buddy :+1: