Looking for a decent grow tent kit

I need some advice. I’m currently using a smaller type tent with mylar cut to size. It’s 37.5" tall, 27" wide and 19" deep. I was looking for a 24 x 24 x 48 or 32 x 32 x 60 size but with a complete kit. My budget is up to about 300 bucks. I have 2 plants. 3 gallon. I need advice on the correct size lights, vent fan etc.

I’m really unsure which brand is the best bang for the buck.

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

1 Like

Welcome ! I would go with the tallest tent your space will accommodate. Also keep in mind sometimes when you buy a complete kit they’re gonna cheap out with the light.

8 Likes

Kits are a terrible deal, buy an amazon tent unless you want quality which will be an AC infinity cloud tent.

@kellydans makes a valid point on height, I completely agree get as tall as you can.
It’s often hard to get a tall tent in a small size. Full height often is in a 4x4 or larger.

There is a company I bought my first tent from and they make taller tents then the majority of the market on small size tents but I can’t Remeber the name off by hand…

3 Likes

Okay they are evergreen hulk tents (I think) they tend to be a bit tlaler then the average tent.
For example
Their tents

• 2x2 ft - 60x60x142 cm
  • 3x3 ft - 91x91x182 cm

Vivosun is 160cm for a 3x3

I know they are popular in auz but also have a Canadian website somewhere

From what I’ve seen they give you a choice of lights with some kits, just want to make sure the light is the best for what I’m growing and the right light for the tent size. Some kits are like $ 200-500 as they go up in size.

1 Like

Every kit has a bad light, me and @kellydans have advised thousands of people over years and no one includes good lights.

Lighting is such a crucial part of the grow and there are actually very few retail manufacturers that provide quality lighting for cannabis.
Lighting will be a huge cost a 3x3 you’ll want 240w and that’s going to cost 300$ + tax and shipping for a spider farmer which would be the lowest quality I would recommend.

A ChilLed, HLG, or kingbrite would be a much higher quality light but they all have their own snags.
the first two are much more expensive and kingbrites take time to ship because they come directly from China, quality light but if you do have issues warranty means shipping it back to China.

3 Likes

AC infinity tents are very good and sturdy

The height on them is somewhat limited though

They have some 7 footers but only on some models

My 3x3x6 is great though

2 Likes

If your space will accommodate a 3x3 the brand high rise go up to 6 feet . Around a 100 bucks

1 Like

Yeah really wish they made the 3x3 in 7ft tall…

1 Like

Omg me too but so far the 6 ft have been enough

Take a look at this tent, I just bought a 4x8 and couldn’t be happier. Check out the the canvas density.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3HNSFC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_Q6M8AEQ668PK3XAY0XGT?psc=1

3 Likes

After my first grow, I am mostly satisfied with my Spider Farmer 24x48x71 kit. The light is acceptable (SF-2000), and I got a dried yield of 7.5 Oz, from two plants. Now… What will I change? I think the 1st change will be a bigger ventilation system. The 4" that was included, worked OK, but is rather noisy, and I think more air flow would be beneficial. And eventually, I will likely get a better light, and move this light to a new veg tent.

5 Likes

Oh, and here it is, all cleaned up and ready to start my next grow.

And the 2 aforementioned plants a couple days before harvest:

8 Likes

Go for an AC infinity T6 :+1: much less noise and built in controller

@Bulldognuts that’s a nice find wow its like a knockoff gorilla tent.

1 Like

That’s the plan. But it might have to wait a grow or two. Dam budgets, and wives. :rofl:

Lol mine thinks similar but different.

“every stoner girl wants a guy that has good weed but then when you realize the time and effort it takes away from enjoying your man and your weed then I wish we just had the money to buy the best weed whenever we wanted”

2 Likes

My wife doesn’t smoke (very often). She likes edibles, however. So she actually prefers I grow.

I’m the same, have a lung issue I shouldn’t be vaping.
So I’m going to be making thc syrup since I’ve been sampling the legal drinks here.
2.5mg is a good dose for me, true 2.5mg federally regulated and tested at a world class lab which blak market stuff is not reliable considering I’ve ate 400mg gummies before and not felt a thing from black market stuff.

I’ll try to Remeber to tag you in that when I get around to it probably in November as I work till then.

2 Likes

Basically it is a knock off :+1::slightly_smiling_face: It is 7 ft or 8 ft tall, it has ample zipper flaps inside and out. The zippers are heavy duty, they were a little stiff at first but loosened up after using a few times.

My new tent the zipper handles broke off the second I opened it. Ran a Zap strap through and been great ever since lol.
Idk why zippers seem like such a challenge for China. Even hoddies and stuff like oh my

3 Likes