Lighting schedule for newbie indoor grower

I’m a new indoor grower, have always done outdoor. I have my set up and everything ready to go but before I start is there a certain lighting schedule I should follow? Or just 12/12 the entire time? I’m used to letting the sun do all of this so I’m a little lost, any help is highly appreciated. Oh also I’m only doing 1 plant at a time.

@Kcjay welcome to ILGM

Are you growing auto or photos? Photos need to run 18/6 thru veg then flip to 12/12 for flower. Autos pretty much do what they want and will run on a variety of light schedules.

1 Like

Photos not autos, thanks! That answers my question. This may sound stupid but when will I know when the plant goes from veg to flower? Just when I start to see bud development? I usually just plant outside and let nature take care of everything and haven’t had to do much to them in the past. I’ve downloaded the grow bible though and am reading it.

It’s all about managing your space you can flip to12/12 whenever you like just take into consideration the plant will double in size after you flip. Flipping to 12/12 will trigger the flowering stage. Good luck

1 Like

Welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Happy anniversary

1 Like

Yep this. You control when they see 12/12

I run 6/2 light schedule during veg. About the same as 18/6. As long as you keep with one of these 2 schedules, your plant will NOT go into flower. When you change your lights to 12/12, they will start growing like crazy for about 3 weeks (this is what we call " the stretch"). Your plants can almost double in size during this period. At around the third week you will start seeing flowers.

6 Likes

AUTO’s

I do first week 24-0 then,
weeks 2-3 18-6 then,
12/12 till done… they do most of there growing in the dark!
Do the 12/12 till she eats herself up when we stop feeding her a couple of weeks
before chop so she’ll be a smooth smoke.