Lighting for a certain stain

On this grow I’m planning on it calls for 1000 Watt hps and I’m getting a 400 Watt hps and ballast… So could I just get a 600 watt hps and ballast and put them together? Just trying to find out before I buy anything…

you can… but when you look at light costs on amazon…the Apollo mh/hps kits… roughly $149 for 400w…$169 for 600w and $219 for 1000w… it is more cost effective to just get the 1000w system if that is the power you want.

2 Likes

I’m going to be getting a 400watt hps and ballast with my grow tent kit. I need to know if I can get a 600 Watt hps and put them together and be the same as 1000 Watt as you said I can so be going with the cheapest way… it’s only calling for the 1000 Watt on this strain,so don’t want to get stuck with something I’ll find a use for it…

I’ll be getting a 400 Watt hps and ballast with my grow tent kit… So if I can get a 600 Watt hps and ballast and put them together that’ll be a little cheaper for me… Then I would have 2 grow lights 400 for veg 600 for flowering lol…

that works.

2 Likes

Thanks, happy growing

get em while they are hot on eBay lol…

not familiar with the brand but the price is awesome,…especially for a kit

1 Like

Yep that’s what I was thinking

I was looking at this one…

https://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600LS24-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005ECZQTY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472178561&sr=8-2&keywords=apollo+horticulture+600w

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good price for the name I’ve heard of them

I bought a Vivosun 600w kit that had air-cooled hood, variable electronic ballast, both MH and HPS bulbs, hangers on Amazon for around $150-160. I couldn’t be happier with it. Hood is very well made with removable glass. Ballast is silent, and remains cool to touch going 24/7. Bulbs are both very bright, and have worked perfectly for four month between them.I think electronic timer was included also, will have to pull up from my Amazon.

1 Like

I totally agree with @Blountville, I personally have the iPower 600w air cooled hood kit. I liked it so much I bought another kit immediately after setting the first one up haha. The air cooled hood is definitely the way to go in my opinion!

Yeah I was thinking about it and maybe that’s the way to go

Is this what you are talking about,ktreez420

Yeah I was thinking about it and maybe that’s the way to go

That’s an air cooled tube. They are good too though!

This is exactly what I bought, two of these lol

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX600DHMAC6-600-Watt-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005GYRZV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472230817&sr=8-2&keywords=IPower+600w

2 Likes

I’m still looking trying to decide…