Let's talk DIY lights

I think its difficult to find driver configuration for 6 of the long double row strips, unless you wire in parallel. I think the 3 larger strips would work as long as they will fit. It’s a veg tent, so shouldn’t be running extremely tall plants. As long as there is room for light to spread out fine.

1 Like

So I think I’m either gonna go with the 3 strips or possibly my rspecs turned WAY down. Whats your thoughts on the growcraft x6 600? Thinking about giving that a shot to put up against my plc strip light in my 4x8. I Could always go with another plc light and save about 200$ but I kind of like trying out different brands and seeing results ect. Just wondering your 2 cent.

2 Likes

I think its a great fixture.

1 Like

Sold and purchased. Got the DIY one tho, no warranty but like 300$ cheaper. Will update when it comes in and posts some pictures. Lead time says about 20 days unfortunately.

3 Likes

I saw they’re on a 20 day backlog.

1 Like

Yea takes about 20 days before they ship which is fine im actually ahead of the game right now. Gives me time to get rest of my beans to come in. My seed banks waiting get rest of the freebies in before he ships out. Supposed to be a pretty sick light tho and should give me better coverage over my 4 rspecs. So I’ll run a 8 bar plc strip on one 4×4 and the growcraft on the otherside…

4 Likes

Better buy any heatsink aluminum today US to collect tariffs on $1.96B worth of aluminum sheet goods: Wilbur Ross | Fox Business

Most of it comes from China and already has tariff applied.

1 Like

9 Likes

Very nice! Got some size to her, or so it seems!

1 Like

Might have to cut it down, we’ll see. 33” outside edge to outside edge.

4 Likes

Looks good buddy

1 Like

Any suggestions or a part list for building one exactly like this for a 5x5 area

2 Likes

If you sub strips for photo boost everything is in the description for video.

4 Likes

X6 600 diy is in the mail finally. Not bad when they had said 20 day lead originally. Im pretty excited for this one. Not alot of reviews out there. The ones I did manage to find all liked them and turned put pretty good. Mainly looking for even coverage across my 4x4 over my 4 r specs maybe even a good 4x5. Anyways ill post some pics of it when it gets here before and after assembly. See how bad assembly is compared to HLG.

3 Likes

I can turn this down most of the grow and save . Flower it’s the sun. Never will it be turned all the way up. Thanks @dbrn32 .

11 Likes

Either you’ll have the densest nugs in town, or you’ll have most bleached! Lol.

6 Likes

Holy cow!!!

1 Like

Putting in some work there!

2 Likes

Heat stress is a killer… :cry:

1 Like